What's new

Trumper's Almond Cream

I'll have to admit, this stuff wasn't what I expected. It had a very gentle almond smell to it which at first I thought, "I dunno, it's not very manly." However, once you lather it up in a hot bowl with hot water, whoa, back up. I wouldn't call it manly still, but it was very very pleasant. It's one of those "wake you up" scents but not "kick you in the face" wake you up. The moisturizing properties of this I thought were just amazing but then again, almonds and other nuts are already supposed to be good for your skin. The only problem I had with this cream was that it was dense. And I mean REALLY dense. By the time I was done lathering....finally, there was still a little dab of un lathered cream in the bowl. So in that case, if I were doing a second pass I'd rinse out the lather, the brush, and basically restart. I mean, why not right? Over all, this product recieves high marks as it should being one of the 3 T's.

Also posted in the other Trumper's Almond review page.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
The scent is wonderful. I don't think I was expecting it to be quite so noticeable. Lathers great but doesn't seem to be as slick as the other Trumper's I've tried or other creams for that matter. I'll need to use it a few more times to decide if it makes the cabinet. Good but not great.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Price: I feel that while Trumper creams are very good, they are simply too much for what they are worth compared to other products available. On the internet you can pick this stuff up for AROUND $25 with shipping if you are lucky, in high end brick and mortar store, expect to pay $40 BEFORE tax. Some people really feel loyal to the classic English brands and while they are very nice and I love using them, they are not my favorite.

Quality: Top quality as far as creams are concerned. Very nice texture/consistency, no separation at all that I have seen in other brands.

Scent: I LOVE almonds and this has a very nice almond scent....perhaps a bit on the synthetic side but only by a very small margin. The reason why I did not rate the scent category higher than 8 is because while I do enjoy the scent, I feel it just isn't strong enough.

Latherability: While I find it a simple task to create lather with this cream, I will say when I first got this cream I was new to making my own and I found it difficult to get a slick lather. I was able to create thick, stiff lather but it wasn't slick enough. After a few tries I can make great lather, although not as nice as what I get from QED soaps.

Efficacy: Works quite well in terms of cushioning and moisturizing but as I have said the scent could be stronger.

Moisturizing Properties: While I cannot complain about the moisturizing properties of this cream, I will say they are nothing exceptional.

Packaging: Comes is a standard Trumper cardboard box and the cream comes in the standard plastic tub which IMO is not bad but nothing really too special.

Overall this is a great almond cream....If I came off as hard on this cream it is because I feel that although Trumper products are really great products, they are a bit over-hyped for what they offer. With that said, if you are a fan of almond, you won't be disappointed with this cream.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)