What's new

Trumper-Geo. F. Coconut Oil Shaving Soap

this soap is wonderful. scent is nice light and clean. lathers well and moisturizing great for a soap. highly recommend.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I like this. I thought it was a bit "boring" at first, but I've really grown to LOVE the scent. It's very clean and understated.

It's not so mild that there's little point (MWF), nor so strong you'll tire of it after a couple of consecutive shaves (many others).

It does take a bit of work to get optimal lather, but still is far, far easier than MWF (at least for me).

When you get it right the lather is very nice and slick, and quite mild on the skin.

My next Trumper soap will be the Rose! ;-)

John
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
This is great stuff. Don't expect it to smell like a coconut cream pie (which would have been great as well). It has a mild coconut aroma, much like coconut milk. Just really refreshing, and not something that makes you want to dig a spoon into your bowl or scuttle to take a bite.

Pricier than some, but the quality is definitely there.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I'm not really a fan of any of the Trumper's cream scents. Shame, because they give me good shaves. Anyway, I got Trumper Coconut soap at Leavitt and Pierce last week. The scent was amazing, and I couldn't wait to get home and try it out.

Price: $18 for a refill, $40 for soap and bowl. Just go with the refill and put soap in similar sized bowl.

Quality: Very nice. Soap is not especially hard, but not too soft either. Should last for months

Scent: My favorite part of this soap. I was disappointed by the suntan lotion-y scent of the Trumper cream. The scent of this soap is more true to Coconut, and has a very light, fresh, soap background to it. It also maintains its scent during and after the lathering process, a part of the shave important to me because I hate when creams smell different or lose their scents at this point. I enjoy this soap's scent very much

Lather: Took a little bit more elbow grease to lather. Doesn't lather up as well as Taylor's soaps, but with the right amounts of water and stirring, I was able to create thick, rich, lather in under 3 minutes. I prefer to lather my soaps in bowls (like in Jim's tutorial), but you can face-lather with this soap just as easily.

Efficacy: lots of cushion for a soap. Not a single cut, even with a Feather blade. Very slick lather.

Moisturizing: dried my skin out just a tiny bit, but this is not a problem for me (summers in New England are extremely humid). May not be suitable for those with dry skin, especially during colder months.

In conclusion, a must-have for any soap collectors, and anyone who wants a very rich, fragrant coconut shaving product.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)