What's new

Trumper Almond

Pros: scent, scent, scent
Cons: none
This is both my favourite Trumper cream and my favourite almond scented cream.

A permanent staple in my rotation, a great shave every time.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Another from the sample set. One of the thicker lathering creams I have tried, with nice cushion and a strong, sweet marzipan smell. I was surprised to enjoy the scent as much as I did. Easy to lather and not drying at all. I don't know if I love this enough to buy the full size, but it's up for consideration.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I received GFT Almond Cream (in the tube) for the holidays, and the light sweet almond scent took some getting used to, but I am starting to enjoy it more each time. I think this is a great work-place scent, its not overbearing at all, and its just very pleasant - nothing too musky or intense. Its also good for mixing with a variety of woody or spicy colognes/aftershaves, because the cream itself has a subtle scent.

Personally, I think the latherability is the same as T&H (my preferred creams) but the moisturizing properties are greater with this cream. Since I have oily skin to begin with that's kind of unnecessary for me, but to each his own.

I would definitely recommend the Almond cream as a year-round, work-day scent.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I'll have to admit, this stuff wasn't what I expected. It had a very gentle almond smell to it which at first I thought, "I dunno, it's not very manly." However, once you lather it up in a hot bowl with hot water, whoa, back up. I wouldn't call it manly still, but it was very very pleasant. It's one of those "wake you up" scents but not "kick you in the face" wake you up. The moisturizing properties of this I thought were just amazing but then again, almonds and other nuts are already supposed to be good for your skin. The only problem I had with this cream was that it was dense. And I mean REALLY dense. By the time I was done lathering....finally, there was still a little dab of un lathered cream in the bowl. So in that case, if I were doing a second pass I'd rinse out the lather, the brush, and basically restart. I mean, why not right? Over all, this product recieves high marks as it should being one of the 3 T's.

...and sorry, I aparrently posted this in the wrong "Trumper's Almond" review?!? So here it is again in the other one....
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I can't add too much here except for the price, I would never buy Trumper Almond. You really can't beat the lather, but my main beef is that the Almond scent is very weak. I realize this is a personal preference and probably most of you do prefer it to be that, but I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I really enjoy the stronger scented creams and soaps. So, this being the first Trumper I've sampled, I'm hoping the others have a bit more bite to them.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Another fine cream from Trumpers. I've used GFT, Coconut, Rose, and Almond and they all perform great!

Price: It's Trumpers so it's not cheap but it's definately a good value of the money.

Quality: This is great stuff. Just great stuff. Compared to The Body Shop, both Prorasos, and Palmolive, it blows them away.

Scent: It's great. It's like shaving with a almond tea biscuit lather. Truely wonderul. The scent is in full force but not too strong when you open the jar and then stays through the lathering and the entire shave.

Latherability: Dayum... This stuff is a lathering machine. My almond size dollup was plenty for a good 4 pass shave with extra left over. The lather is dense and coating, like a perfect meringue.

Efficay: Fantastic. Enough said.

Moisturizing: I felt it could have been a little better here. It moisturized well but not outstanding.

Packaging: Again, with some much nice packaging for creams coming out now there is stiff competition. That said, it was better than average.

All in all, a great cream. I recommend it to any fan of the scent.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Top end shaving cream with the qualities you'd expect. Smooth, slick lather and plenty of it, moisturizes well and basically just gives a great shave.

Scent is nice - very much like a hot bakewell tart (as you might expect). It's not a scent I'm fantastically keen on myself, not that there's much wrong with it but it smells a bit feminine to me.

One odd thing is that if I shave with this I spend the next four hours sneezing, I've never had this with any other Trumpers cream or with other things scented (or even flavoured) with almonds. Maybe the scent is artificial (?) and that's causing some kind of allergic reaction? I don't know but it doesn't affect me in any other way (no skin reaction for example).

If you like the scent of almonds (and it doesn't make you sneeze) it's a superb cream.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Over time I have used about barrel of Trumper's Almond, both in soaps and in the past few years as a cream. I find it outstanding. It lathers beautifully, smells just about the way I want ... nice, lingers modestly but does not cling ... gives me a great shave and remains my favourite. I have tried a number of other recommended creams and find that when I compare them to Trumper's Almond I always go back to it. There are many other excellent creams out there ... some that lather better but do not give me quite as good a shave; others that may seem to shave better but smell awful ... and still others that fail on all counts. I have been using Trumper's Almond for about 30 years and while I will stray, I will not get a divorce.
GFT almond is excellent. Lathers up super thick, smells great (not too strong which I like) and gives a great, lubricating shave. Up there with the coconut oil as the best Trumper cream I've tried so far.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is my travel shave cream. I really enjoy the scent.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Some chaps were having problems lathering up some trumpers almond - so I took some pics...

P1010009.JPG

Decided to go with the shavemac. It has been a bit lonely.

P1010010.JPG

Soaking the brush in hot water, and warming up the bowl

P1010011.JPG

Dippin' sauce :wink:

P1010012.JPG

Twist of cream in the brush

P1010013.JPG

10 swirls in the bowl

P1010014.JPG

20 swirls

P1010015.JPG

25 swirls

P1010016.JPG

5 swipes across my hand

P1010017.JPG

Spreading my fingers to show the density

P1010018.JPG

Retiring the Shavemac for future use.

So how is it?

Decent Almond Scent, but not as strong or enjoyable as Taylors Almond, great lather, and a great shave.
Top Bottom