What's new

Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave Oil

Pros: Great moisture for beard
Cons: Pricey for small quantity
I became interested in wet shaving through a friend at church. As I looked into it I read allot how many avoid pre-shave prep. I watched a YouTube video where the guy used TH pre-shave oil and how he expounded how much he liked it. Researched it and seen nothing but good reviews so I ordered mine from amazon. I too love it. It has a citrus fragrance and really moistens your beard. I highly recommend this for the person willing to pay the price! Good stuff!
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
Good pre-shave oil, but WAY overpriced. I like Musgo oil just as much, and it is much cheaper.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Durability
1.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
4.00 star(s)
This is a must have for my shaving routine. I can honestly say I have no idea how I shaved this long without a pre-shave oil especially this product. When combined with a well made lather my razor glides over my skin and doesnt nick of cut. My alum block is not getting the use it used to get since I started with the pre-shave oil.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
Yes, it is expensive - but when applied sparingly to a wet face, it lasts a VERY long time. In fact, I still have 1/3 left in a bottle that I have used for over a year.

After a hot towel and splashing water on my face, a massage a few drops onto my beard. I then lather up and shave. I find the razor glides over my face giving me a superior shave without irritation.

Every time I don't use this oil, I can feel the difference.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
4.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
Well it is expensive. But there must be hundreds of shaves in each bottle so it's all relative.
Ok, less is more. Too much and it doesn't work nearly as well.
Once you get over these two obstacles, this oil is fantastic.
With a citrus fragrance, perfect for the summer months.

It's non greasy, easy to apply and does the job. The bottle it comes in is a frosted plastic, and looks great.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
4.00 star(s)
My benchmarks are the cheap commercial oils (King of Shaves/Somersets), the rival UK oil (TOBS), and the rival US oil (AOS), and other pure oils (almond, avocado).

I prefer the thinner oils such as this. However, this is the only one that leaves no residue on your hands, the razor, or the bathroom sink!

The smell of this oil is very refreshing, complementing Arlington or Blenheim Bouquet, for example.

Sure, a glass bottle has a better first impression. But I'm not too bothered these days with the packaging, I'm more interested in the contents. I like the lightweight bottle, and the tall upright shape of it.

And it's always a pleasure to pop into TOBS in London to buy some of their gear. (It's a pleasure to go into most of the stores there actually, just one store that annoys me.)
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Durability
2.00 star(s)
Usefulness
3.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
I started using this a while back and I simply LOVE IT !!! If you find something that really works do you really worry about the price? No you don't. If you think about it, we all have stuff we paid to much for but we wanted it and we got it. If it works out for us great, if it don't we learm from that. If T & H doubled the price, I would still buy it. Quality? Top of the line !!
Performance? A great shave with less effort and the smell is next to orgasmic!! Usfullness? use it every day. Durability? Dropped the bottle a few times and it hasn't broke so I guess that is durable. Packaging? Beautiful little bottle, it complements all the other goodies on my shelf. Just a very little goes a long way and I haven't had any problems cloging my razor or brush, but I clean my razor every week with scrubbing bubbles and clean my brush in borax solution every 2 weeks. If I could change anything about it, I would put a shaker on the bottle, otherwise this stuff is PERFECT. Those that have never tried it, don't know what they are missing. Those that have and gave it a low rating have missed the boat somewhere. Try it again.

Have a great day and a BBS Shave.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
great oil,helps with my shaves. well over priced but a good product.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Durability
3.00 star(s)
Usefulness
4.00 star(s)
Performance
4.00 star(s)
Price - Its expensive stuff. Luckily a little goes a very along way. I apply it once after my wtg pass and then again before my final atg pass.

Quality - Definitely the best ive tried. Beats Gessato hands down. Great scent too, its citrusy, with some depth. It doesnt feel like T&H just took something i could buy at the supermarket and put their label on it (cough, gessato). Its quite the concoction and I feel like im really getting something for my $30.

Performance - Magic. It doesnt quite cut whiskers by itself but it does make my razor slide much more easily and cuts down the irritation, especially on atg passes. I use it with T&H limes, its a blissful combination.

Usefulness - Its definitely useful stuff. I havent quite decided if its an absolute necessity but it does help me get bbs, irritation-less shaves.

Durability - N/A

Packaging - I actually like the plastic bottle. I know it wont break if I drop it and it looks surprisingly like frosted glass. Its kind of elegant. The one thing i have a problem with is the cap. It the cheapest looking piece of plastic ive ever seen and taints the otherwise great presentation. Whoever molded it completely failed, it really detracts from an amazing product. Kind of like the atomizers on their colognes...

All in all I give it two thumbs up. If youre on the fence about the $30 price of entry just order a T&H sampler, the little oil package in it was enough to sell me.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Durability
1.00 star(s)
Usefulness
4.00 star(s)
Performance
4.00 star(s)
Did not like this that much. It did smell nice, but I was not impressed at all. I have used Musgo Real and Total shaving solutions oil in the past and either one is way better than this product. It seemed to not work at all. IMHO use the Musgo or the TSS before this stuff, way cheaper and a way better product.
I love this stuff. After I tried shavin' without it, I realized that im just going to have to deal with the rediculous price. A little does go a long way. I think ill start making trips to Nordstrom and asking for free samples.

It works best for me if I wait til my final against the grain pass to apply.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
I agree that the price is a little steep and the bottle is not elegant, but with a plastic bottle I don't have to worry about it breaking when I drop it.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
4.00 star(s)
I am not impressed with this shave oil. It is very overpriced. I do not find it helps with my sensitive skin when shaving. It does smell nice.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Durability
2.00 star(s)
Usefulness
2.00 star(s)
Performance
2.00 star(s)
IMHO this is by far one of the greatest, if not the greatest shave oils out there. Granted I have only tried 3 other oils, but I think I could try another 20 and still make this my go to oil.

T&H pre-shave oil really helps any blade slide right across your face, helping negate any friction caused by a razor sliding down your skin. Compared to AOS oil (AKA Crisco brand shave oil), this stuff runs like water, but lubricates like industrial grease. Plus, the smell is absolutely amazing. If I didn't know any better, I would think I was rubbing lemonade into my face. Even if you don't care for oil, just stop by a Nordstroms or any other high-end store and give this stuff a wiff. Simply amazing.

PRICE: As with all T&H products, this stuff is expensive. But if your a fan of oils you will feel your money is well spent.

QUALITY: Highest quality I think I will ever find in an oil. Nothing cheap about this stuff. You get what you pay for.

PERFORMANCE: Have to try it to believe it. My razor just seems to glide across my face even more when this oil is applied and doesn't clog my blade at all (looking at you AOS :mad:). Plus, it washes right off my hands and leaves behind no unpleasant, grip reducing residue (Ahem, AOS).

USEFULNESS: Great if you have sensitive skin. I used to feel my blade drag across my skin. When I use my this oil my razor just glides across my face.

DURABILITY: Not sure how to apply this to a shave oil.

PACKAGING: The bottle looks neat, but it's made out of plastic which is a pro and a con. It's good because it obviously won't break if dropped. THe plastic is bad because I feel like my $30 purchase deserves a fancy glass bottle.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
4.00 star(s)