What's new

Truefitt and Hill 1805

Got a sample of this from T&H. Of course it smells just like the SC which is a great scent for a SC due to the fact it has a nice clean smell. Yes, like fresh laundry. But for a cologne?....naahh Way to soapy smelling for a cologne.

The staying power of T&H colognes really suck. There is way to much alcohol in them and the scents fade quickly. This is not just my opinion but that of others I have had smell them on me. I'm lucky if the scent lasts more than an hour. I have even tried putting a non-scented moisturizer on prior to applying on my neck, wrists and back of ears and still....the scent fades away quickly.

As far as price.....I cannot see paying $60 USD for this. That is crazy! There is no way in hell this cologne warrants the price of $60 USD.....another reason I rank this low. I'll save my money and buy the pure oils (which are no comparison):c13: instead of heavily loaded alcohol colognes that are overpriced.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
0.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
2.00 star(s)
1805 is a really nice light scent. As with all T&H products the quality and packaging are top notch. Due to the light nature of 1805 it layers very well with the shaving cream and aftershave balm without being overwhelming. Personally, the scent is a little too understated for everyday use but scent is a personal thing so don't let me dissuade you if you like it.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
SWMBO insists I wear the Acqua Di Gio only. I bought this and she does not mind it.
The scent is great. Very clean. Not musky.
Unlike WIL, 1805 stays smelling good for hours.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I just bought the cologne today after trying it on with my wife at Nordstroms. It's really really nice. Clean, slightly spicy, and a little woodsy.

Good stuff.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
Light, clean. Wear it daily.

No worries about being too overpowering, lasts well through the day. A favourite.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
The folks at T&H were nice enough to send me a handful of there scents as samples, and I must say, personaly, I enjoyed the 1805 the most. A very nice clean fragrance that stayed with me throughout the day. The girlfriend enjoyed it, so to me thats a huge thumbs up. Would love to try the shaving cream version. :biggrin1:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
This scent has really grown on me. It is a wonderful blend of citrus, spice and wood that smells great. It lasts all day on me but there is little 'scent evolution' to make it more interesting.

Very clean & refreshing. I am sure no matter how much you use it cannot offend anyone.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
2.00 star(s)
I didn't like this the first few times I sniffed it, but the other day it just clicked with me and I wound up with the T&H 1805 SC and a sample of the 1805 cologne (gonna be a christmas gift). . . It's really a great, clean non-offensive scent. The staying power is great on me and a little goes a long way
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I will echo what has been said already. It is another very nice T&H scent. It does last all day for me. Right now this is a mainstay in my rotation and it works well in warm or cool weather.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
My favorite of the Truefitt & Hill colognes. Great stuff that lasts all day long. My wife says it smells good enough to eat . . . which I think is a good thing!

A wonderful woody base with interesting spice notes. A must try.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
1805 is one of my favorite scents. It easily lasts a whole day on me (I often can still smell it the next morning), and I very often get compliments and people asking me what I'm wearing.

-Mark
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
2.00 star(s)
I really liked this cologne. Stays on me for most of the day and I could smell it on my clothing the next day! I have the most aromatic dirty clothing ever (what with all the scents I am trying :thumbup1: :c9:

Darren
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
I like the scent, but unfortunately, it wears off on me in about 2 hours. By noon time, the aroma is so faint I can barely smell it. Great scent, but I guess it just doesn't work with my body chemistry.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
1.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
It's my current fav. It's probably the single most long lasting cologne I've tried. Also, at least with my body chemistry, the scent doesn't change a whole lot as the day progresses.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Very nice scent. Unfortunately, I am not a fan.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
You can look at my review of T&H Trafalgar for the detail on the packaging, etc. As for 1805, this is a very fresh scent in the "oceanic" mold. No, you won't smell like seaweed, rotting crabs, and sweaty, coppertone-laden, half-naked men. It is a citrusy, clean scent that is great for spring and summer. Basenotes lists it as:

Top Notes
Bergamot, Mandarin

Middle Notes
Cypress, Cardamom, Nutmeg

Base Notes
Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Musk

This is a scent that is never overpowering, and is appreciated by many. There are other scents that are similar, including Aqua di' Gio and others. For me, though, 1805 will always have a place of pride in my shave den. Is it glaringly original? Not at all. Is it a really nice scent? Damn yes.
Top Bottom