What's new

Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes Cologne

:frown:I bought this sample and was not very impressed. Yes, it truly smells like limes….for a few minutes but for a man to wear, smells like a fruit bowl. The staying power is terrible as it is loaded with mostly alcohol. I put on a ton of it and within minutes asked several people for their opinion only to get “I don’t smell anything!? Very light if anything and it smells hike a hand wipe”. Scent only lasted a few minutes. The price of this is outrageous! $75 a bottle!? Go to WalMart and buy some Old Spice for $5.00 and you will get more complements and will last all day.

For these reasons, I don't rate this cologne very high. I think you are paying for the name brand which is way overpriced.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
1.00 star(s)
Staying Power
0.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
0.00 star(s)
Lime is definitely the major essence of this cologne. But for me personally immediately it reminded me too much of a product called Citronella, a cleaning product sold here. And unfortunately that association has never left me.

So no, I don't enjoy the scent on me. There are some hints of spices, but not nearly enough for me to enjoy the cologne. The lasting power was also next to nothing, 10 minutes after I put quite a bit on me, it had completely vanished.

So all in all I wouldn't recommend buying a whole bottle without trying it first... my least favourite of the T&H colognes.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
0.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
I have to agree with everyone. I love the scent but it is gone in hours. I even lifted the neck of my t-shirt just now and took a sniff. Nothing there after putting the WIL on at 11:30am and sniffing at 4:30pm. Scent is a 10. But disappointment is a 10 also. I should have read these reviews first.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
0.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Yeah, very disappointing staying power. I love the smell at first and was ready to order this after my sampler came and I used it but even with heavy amounts the scent is gone in about 30 minutes so definitely not worth it at all. I also agree that although nice and complex at first it quickly fades to a scent that my wife described as Pledge.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
0.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
This scent has great top notes taht last only 15 minutes. After that it turns into this cleaning product smell. Like ajax.

From playboy to it profesional floor cleaner in 15 min. 3 hours later gone.
Overpriced (I feel almost all T&H fragrances are).
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
1.00 star(s)
Staying Power
1.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Imagine yourself a dockworker in the age of sail helping to unload barrels of fresh limes imported from some exotic location. A barrel is cracked open for inspection and you are enshrouded in in the scent of fresh lime zest, salt water, and aged oak. That is what this cologne smells like.

Longevity is quite short, around 2 hours tops from a single spritz. I've read that applying a moisturizer to the skin before you spray helps to increase staying power. I'll be trying that.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
1.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I find that this is one that I always come back to. Very nice lime scent. If you like limes, you will love this cologne. I agree with the other reviewer that it does not have staying power.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Absolutely wonderful scent, but lasts a very short time indeed, which is disappointing. Also, I think the spray nozzle is a bit flimsy, which I think could be improved. If the scent had staying power then this would be a fantastic cologne....
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
0.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
I really like this lime. I will usually use 5 sprays and find that it lasts about 5 hours on my person.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I first smelled this scent on a visit to Norstrom's and liked it very much from that moment. I finally worked up the nerve to drop $70 on a bottle. Got it home put a spray on (ahh...) but within seconds the scent had diminished already. Before I could get from the bathroom to the kitchen for my wife to give it a sniff...it was gone. It is more like an aftershave scent in depth and staying power. However, the scent is great with a strong Lime / citrus overtone and very fresh. I have been using 2-3 pumps which makes the cost per use pretty high.:frown2:
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
1.00 star(s)