What's new

Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes After Shave Balm

Pros: Smell, luxurious feeling
Cons: Stings
This balm (and I have one more from the series) is a disappointment. Stings beyond alcohol and irritates my skin.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
While it is a decent balm in terms of moisturizing the scent is pretty bad. Very artificial and not at all pleasing.

In addition, quite a bit of stinging when I applied it. Also, feels too greasy even though I just used a very,very small amount.

For whatever reason these guys have not at all nailed the lime scent in this product or the shaving cream - which IMHO has an even worse scent. Odd.....

Glad I didn't buy this. I had a sample which lasted 3 days. To be honest, happy it's gone.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
I like this product a lot; it is not my favorite T&H but its still very good. As to the comments about the scent being short lived: What can you expect? This is an ASB after all; its purpose is NOT to provide fragrance but to help your skin recover from shaving which IMO it does well. It gives my face a soft matte feel that lasts for 5-6 hours. However, although the lime scent disappears quickly (that is to be expected of a citrus), I smell the clove and orange flower base for several hours; it is vey nice.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
1.00 star(s)
It burns, it burns!!! Definitely not a soothing cream. Whoever said that it smells like Pledge is right on. The scent of the aftershave balm is quite a bit different than the West Indian Limes shaving cream.....which believe it or not, has an even worse scent. Cannot recommend this product.
I'll have to disagree with the chap above that said it smells like pledge. It does smell alot different then the cream but it is still a nice scent.Although the scent smells a little manufactured instead of a natural eo type scent. It moisturizes well. Pricewise it is steep. There are others that I would prefer over this one.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizes perfectly, just as my skin needs it. Doesn't have much cooling sensation which is fine during the winter. The scent is not that special but it's nice.

The scent seems to disappear quickly, but many hours after I applied it my girlfriend commented on the great but subtle scent. That can only be a compliment.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I find the scent to be not at all the same as the West Indian Limes shave cream or cologne, and more reminiscent of Lemon Pledge furniture polish.

No burn, moisturizing and not offensive... just reminds me of a freshly polished wood table.
they sell that in a cologne also
I tried it several times and it doesn't work on my skin. It burnes , make irritation and reddness. It is the worst aftershave balm i"ve ever used.
I used this for a while. Sad that it is gone. Above review is on the spot. Short lastign scent but feels good and you know it's there for a long time.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Truefitt and Hill lists their Indian Limes as containing a" top note of Citrus, Litsea Cubeba, Lemon, Orange and Lime enveloping its floral heart of Orange Blossom, Lilac and Rose and resting on a bed of Oakmoss"

This is certainly one of my favorite fragrances so far. It's just an exceptionally fresh and high-class fragrance to me.

I would characterize the after shave as being moderately moisturizing and as having little to no burn sensation.

Unfortunately, this is also an exceptionally short-lived fragrance. I find the scent usually disappears within 15-20 minutes or so. My search continues for a lime fragrance that will be more lasting yet smell as good!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)