What's new

Truefitt & Hill Ult. Comfort AS Balm

I love this aftershave balm. It is great for sensitive skin and leaves no residue. Since it is unscented I add a little 1805 or Grafton to it. This is a must have for guys with sensitive skin.
I just tried this today and I know it seems to have a bum rap on here, but it is an excellent balm. Pricey, yes, but I got mine used from another member. It is between a milk and a heavy balm like Cade, which is ideal for me. It soothes and softens the skin well. Try it out if you get a chance.
T&H Ultimate Comfort ASB is a really good balm. It's a quality product that's staved off razor burn after some rough shaving for me. It's also very moisturizing but a bit too thick for me. It's more a winter balm for down here in Georgia. All that being said, for money it's just not worth it. I get every bit as good of results with Proraso for 1/2 the price. $32 is a lot for a fragrance free balm. Skip it and stick with Proraso.
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I received this as a gift, hence the n/a above for price. But, judging by the T&H website, it's on par with their other offerings. Anyhow, a great balm with a not-quite-milk/not-quite lotion consistancy. Some may find it a bit thin, but having oily skin, I appreicate this. It absorbs quickly and leaves no residue. Those with very dry skin, however, may want to use more or use a second application. It does a good job of relieving post-shave tightness and irritation altho for major irritation, another thicker product may suit you better. But, for the day-to-day problems, this balm is great.

Moisturizing properties seem very good, again without leaving a residue or over moisturizing. I've noticed a general reduction in the fine lines in my face (especially around the eyes) after using this product for a few months.

T&H advertizes this as "unscented." Strickly speaking, this is not true. "Unscented" should be interpreted as "nothing added just for scent purposes" in this case. There is a very light lavender scent which dissipates quickly and is bearly noticed by the user.

One word of potential warning... the tube I received was a flip top style and the cap did not close securely (did not snap closed tightly). As a result, I experienced lotion seeping out into the cap when I stored the tube cap down. This may be a fluke or a q.c. problem with the tube manufacturer. In any case, problem solved by transfering the lotion into a nalgene-type bottle (also flip top).

All-in-all another winner from T&H. :smile:
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn