What's new

Truefitt & Hill Grafton

Item Description

I got a sample vial of T&H Grafton a few months ago, set it aside, and actually (I can't believe I'm admitting this in public) forgot about it. Maybe I had a cold at the time and was laying off of fragrances? I don't remember, but it's a disgrace and I apologize. Fortunately, my shame is eased by the rediscovery of this comfy cologne that, from first application, went directly to my top tier.

Grafton is classified as a barbershop fougere. I need to sample more fougere before I can comment on that aspect, but I definitely get the barbershop scent. Grafton has a clean, freshly shaved feeling to it, without being soapy or astringent. It opens with a nice herbaceous and citrus presentation, then settles into a pleasing lavender moderated by wood, amber, and leather. There's a bit of bright herb about it that lends a sporty appeal. It's a relaxing and distinguished fragrance that pays a gracious compliment to masculinity.

Latest reviews

Chuck Norris;1933167 said:
--PANTY DROPPER--
If you want the scent of TOBS "Mr. Taylor's" Shaving Cream, this is what you want. Classic, clean, fresh. Also, what irritates me with most fragrances is that after the top and middle notes have evaporated, you're left with a basenote that's monotonous, strong, and funky all by itself. Grafton's notes evaporate with smooth balance. I didn't even think about the $ again after i purchased it. It's well worth it's price, if not more.

Pretty much in agreement with Chuck Norris here, though it's been ages since I shaved with "Mr Taylor's Shaving Cream" for comparison.

I was on the hunt for a nice all all purpose fragrance that was not in the finer department stores and I was willing to pay for the quality and some exclusivity. The real tell is I have received some nice compliments from some of the ladies in my life at how nice the scent was.

I don't bat an eye with T&H's prices, you get what you pay for.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
One of my two go to scents. To me this is the anti-Sex Panther. It smells of inherent refinement, low-key class and confidence.

Price: it ain't cheap, but still a good deal below Pen's or Floris

Quality: I'm not a cologne-head, but to me this seems very high quality. From the packaging to the scent. Smell matches up quite well with the rest of the line: bath soap, shampoo, shave cream and balm.

Packaging. Beautiful T+H bottle in an equally nice box.

Scent: this is what it's all about right? I love it. It's vaguely barbershop but to the next level (11 in Spinal Tap speak). Barbershop for the Gentry. Bitter lavender and herbs dry down with incense and musk all in perfect harmony.

Complexity: my definition of this is balance and refinement. Here, this excels. All of the notes are prominent, yet none are dominant. All is in great harmony, and no particular note is flashy or disproportionate.

Staying Power: on me, great. 2 sprays on my lower neck/upper chest give just the right amount of sillage that lasts for 6 hours or so.

Quality of Atomizer: a notch below that on my Pen's bottle but not a glaring deficiency.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
--PANTY DROPPER--
If you want the scent of TOBS "Mr. Taylor's" Shaving Cream, this is what you want. Classic, clean, fresh. Also, what irritates me with most fragrances is that after the top and middle notes have evaporated, you're left with a basenote that's monotonous, strong, and funky all by itself. Grafton's notes evaporate with smooth balance. I didn't even think about the $ again after i purchased it. It's well worth it's price, if not more.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
Lou
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from Lou

Top Bottom