What's new

Truefitt & Hill 1805

Pros: Exquisite aromas, luxurious lather, decadence throught the entire experience
Cons: Pricier than alternatives
WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO?
Truefitt & Hill 1805 Shave Cream. What it does is simply majestic. Read on for more!

APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION:
I took a small amount onto my brush and into the bowl. I swirled the brush a few times in each direction to start the lather, and added a few drops of water occasionally to really moisten the lather and allow it to build to its full capabilities. I then applied to my face (which was already moistened with my own preshave oil), in a light circular motion (we all know how to lather). It's exactly the same to use as any other shave cream in that respect.

CONCLUSIVE COMMENTS:
It is incredible really. One spent much time in the shaving doldrums that I began to think that there was no such thing as an exquisite shave. Oh, Truefitt & Hill, you have completely dispelled that myth. The enticing aromas of 1805 are simply divine. A review I read likened it to the era where men were men and honour was paramount, and I have to say, it was not wrong. The scent is unmistakably classy, befitting of an honourable gentleman. The cream is luxurious, and the experience decadent down to the last detail. I do not think it is possible to get a cream that gives a better shave experience. I firmly believe that this is the pinnacle of shave creams, and I'd take a pistol duel at 20 paces with anyone who thinks otherwise!

WOULD YOU BUY IT AGAIN?
I would sell my kidneys if that's what it took to raise the funds for more of this.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: very slick
Cons: only that I wish the fragrance was stronger
Newbie, and up until this point TOBS Sandalwood was my go to cream. Have tried some samples but my poor execution from the small containers may be biasing the trial.

Ordered a tub of 1805 and was quite impressed. Lathered quicker, more dense, and really slick compared to my TOBS. I suspect that's what you get for the price differential. But with less product the cost-per-shave is probably equal.

My only complaint is that I wish the scent was stronger. My wife can tell when I use the sandalwood. But I guess that's what cologne is for. This is definately in my top 3 rotatation. I'll try a more potent fragrance next.

I also bought a tub of Vulfix Sicilian Lime stay tuned on a report.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Great scent, so easy to lather & leaves your skin feeling soft & supple.
What's not to like?
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Great scent. Rich and moist lather. Smooth and comfortable shave.
Cons: It is pricy but woth the cost for an occasional splurge.
Love the scent. With a little bit of cream and a couple of dabs of water, this cream form a dense, moist lather which is luxurious on the face. The shave is smooth and comfortable as can be with good moisturizing when complete. I would highly recommend this cream if you want to treat yourself or someone else.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
It took me a couple of shaves with this to really pin down the scent, it is subtle even though it is not faint.

The description here of 'marine' I agree with, but for me it is not the sun, surf and sand.

It is the permanent cool, still and dark of sea-caves and coastal redwoods; negative ions patiently waiting for you to venture in and become part of the timeless mystery. Nothing about this is energetic or invigorating. It is soothing, quiet, relaxing, cool and slow.

On all operational matrices, the cream performs great as one would expect from T&H. I too found it a tad drying, but nothing unmanageable.

On balance, I would probably recommend this as a sample before a purchase. Though I liked it, I don't think 1805 will agree with everyone.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
This is now my favorite shaving cream. I was torn between a few but I used this cream for an entire week straight and I love it. It lathers very well, smells great and moisturizes the skin.
Before I tried this shaving cream I was hooked on T&H Lavender because they mention that is their cream for sensitive skin along with T&H Ultimate Comfort but this seems to work for my skin much better than those.
I also use 1805 A/S after I shave and the combo totally rocks. Go get yourself some 1805.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Just tried the 1805 from the T&H sample pack. Good cream. Good shave. Nothing that really sets it apart from other moderate to high priced creams I've tried. I like the scent a lot. I get the marine and citrus descriptions others have used. I think it smells similar to a women's perfume, though: Light Blue from D&G. There are men's colognes that have similar notes, but I can't quite place them. I guess there is a version of Blue for men that smells similar.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
I was amazed by this 1805 SC. It has a scent that reminds me of what a gentleman really should smell like. It is not flowery or perfume like. Just manly. A hint of leather, musk, and a wet slate smell you would find on a rainy day. The scent lasts all day compared to all the other SC I have.
And as you would suspect, the SC works as one would expect for the price when shaving. Great stuff!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I won a sample pack in the Carnival of Smiles and just got to the 1805 in my journey through the pack.

I was really impressed by how thick lather I could get while face lathering with my boar brush. The boar felt a bit stiff for this cream but it worked.

The scent is not very strong in my mind but very nice. Even the wife commented on how good it smelled :001_smile

The best part of this cream was the slickness though. Even after the first pass and rinse, my face was still really slick!

I finished up with some 1805 ASB and got a really nice, irritation free shave in spite of having a couple of clogged/irritated pores that I was sure I was going to cut.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Price: Pretty high at almost $40 CND.
Scent: AMAZING. It has a very manly smell and I can only hope the cologne smells as good.
Latherability: You can tell you're using the best of the best.
Efficacy: A little with do you well.
Moisturizing: Nothing to complain about here.
Packaging: Very slick looking tub.
I cannot comment on the price, or really on the packaging because it came in the sample pouches.

This stuff is pretty darn good. It has a very mild, but noticeable, scent. It certainly isn't overbearing, but when you breath through your nose, you get a little whiff. It lathers like a dream. I used a boar brush and it takes maybe 45 seconds to get from cream to rich foamy goodness. The shave you get from it is pretty good. I have found that it really hits its stride after you have done a single pass and have wet your face a little. It really gets slick and the razor just glides over the face effortlessly. As for moisturizing, I used the 1805 aftershave balm, so I can't give a great review of the cream's moisturizing properties. When coupled with the ASB, you get the full experience. It complements the cream perfectly and leaves the face feeling soft and smooth. It's almost as if there is an extra miniature layer of skin sitting on my face.

Overall, I think it is a good product, but I'm not so sure that the price of a tub justifies buying it.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
1.00 star(s)
Not much to say that true "connoisseurs" of Truefitt and Hill products don't already know. Consistent excellent T&H performance, and a great scent too, really particular in the best possible of ways.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is a high quality cream that lathers well with a crisp oceanic scent. Highly recommended if you can get it on sale.
just tried a sample of 1805... I am on to you guys now...this is a really nice cream so i will now be hoarding all 1805 expect a price increase soon...:tongue_sm
one of my favorite creams
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
1805 was my second T&H cream after their Ultimate Comfort line. Iwas very impressed. This stuff lathers like a monster and gives a great shave. On the downside, it's expensive. You can get just as good a shave for less money. Also, I'm not the biggest fan of the 1805 scent, but that's just me.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Just top of the line stuff but I'll highlight two things:
Scent: It's the best I've smelled so far. I really love it.
Packaging: It's a functional tub, but quite ugly.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I love this stuff! Price is up there but you just have to expect that with Truefitt & Hill. The smell is great but it doesn't last long. I know its just a cream and not a cologne but I say that to try to describe how subtle the scent is to me. I can see how people smell the oceany fragrance but to me it seems just really sweet and subtle and a little oceany.

I did not find it to be drying as some have but of course, ymmv.

I'd buy more!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Did the snowbird thing last month and spent 3 weeks in Florida, while there I picked up a tub of Truefitt and Hill 1805 at a little Kiosk in the Adventura Mall.(nice mall!) There's a good reason this stuff has been around and they have been suppliers to British Royalty since 1805. THIS STUFF SMELLS GOOD ENOUGH TO EAT. I feel like Prince Charles when I shave with this cream " I say old boy....and my wife likes it too, jolly good!" .
This cream is as rich as the royals who use it, and I have to say other than the cost factor it is now my favorite shave cream. :001_smile:001_smile:001_smile
GOD SAVE the Queen!
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
We only really have one or two shops in Vancouver that carry decent shaving products for men aside from C&E and The Body Shop. I happened to be in one of the shops today and was sold instantly on the scent. It is definitely hard to describe. The first that hits is definitely citrus, then there is an anise in the background. The effect is certainly tropical.

I have no doubt about the quality. A little cream in my Shavemac silvertip and a few turns was all I needed for a warm, thick, luxurious lather. I have to say that I usually dislike most scented products because they usually have an artificial smell about them. Not this one. It isn't overpowering, but is certainly is fresh and very pleasant.

For me there was no issue with moisturizing. I didn't experience any dryness at all. The packaging was fine and the price - well it is high, but I don't care as this is going to be my everyday cream. I will buy another tub of it the moment this one is finished. I don't ever want to be without my 1805!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)