What's new

Treet Platinum Super Stainless Blade

Pros: Cheap
Cons: Not smooth at all for me
Was surprised to see all the good reviews on these. I did buy mine some years ago and it may have been a bad batch of 100 but get nicked every time I use. Went back after years went by just in case it was a new guys technique but they bite me every time. Have handed them out with other blades when gifting and still have maybe 3 or 4 tucks left. Again maaybe they are better quality now but I wouldn't use them if they were free. Love my personna reds and Gillette Silver Blues the most but have quite an assortment of others. The rest of these will go in a PIF soon. Glad others have enjoyed them......
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Pros: Extremely smooth. Cheap.
Cons: None
Treet Platinum has been my favorite blade for quite some time. My first meeting with this blade was via a sampler-pack and I didn´t have high thoughts about it when I saw the pakage, but was I wrong? Yes Sir!
It is extremely smooth and at the same time sharp. Gives me effortless BBS - shaves everytime.
Being cheap is another great asset with this blade, which have sent my previous favorites, Polsilver, Feather and Gillette Blue down to secondary places.
If i were you I would give it a try, it might work wonders for you too.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Very smooth.
Cons: Poor longevity
Loved these out of the gate. On of the smoother blades I have tried. Nice sharpness and was not harsh at all even in the beginning. I loved it in my more aggressive razor which is unusual for me. The sharper blades I usually like in my least aggressive razors. This was a perfect mix of sharp and comfortable. I was excited and thought about buying a 100 pack. On Shave 5, it literally felt terrible. When this blade is done, it goes fast.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Cons: quality
Price: US$0.35

Quality: Noticeable tool marks on the bevels, some of which affect the edges.

Sharpness: Third tier for sharpness.

Longevity: These blades last about four days for me.

Smoothness of Shave: Good.

Packaging: Plastic-wrapped, cardboard box of five double-wrapped blades with four glue spots. One blade adhered to the cardboard box.

Conclusion: A man can shave with better blades at less expense.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: smooooooth
Cons: none
Received 10 blades free with a very inexpensive razor and case purchase (under $10). I've been very impressed, they are a smooth cut and have lasted 3 shaves with no tugging. I'm very pleased. I've not purchased them separately (although I probably will in the near future) but the pricing I've seen is comparable to the Wilkinson or Personnas I usually use.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Price
Cons: Short life, not smooth
Got them with a Merkur 45 bakellite razor. When first used with that same razor, I thought something was wrong with the razor ! After 3 shaves at most, i felt my skin stretch, itch, the shave was not smooth at all. I thought "This is due to the cheap plastic DE; not like my trusted Futur !"

WRONG ! the problem was the blades. I tried the razor with Persona and Gillette Blue and it is perfect. Treet are cheap blades, I agree, but they last for maximum 3 shaves (daily ones, not 2-3 days long beards) and at the third shave, they are very aggressive.

NOT recommended !
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Pros: Inexpensive, smooth shaves
These are among the better blades I have tried. Good price for a really smooth shave. They're not the sharpest I've had, but they retain their sharpness for quite a while.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: very smooth comfortable shave
Cons: none
very surprising buy such a cheaply priced blade but the shave was one of the most comfortable and close shaves ive gotten. a deffinite quantity buy to have pleanty on hand. Have seen them as cheap as 12 bucks US a 100.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Smooth, Very close, Cheap.
Cons: Packaging could be better, but it is more environmentally friendly this way.
Quite a few people are aware that Treet in Pakistan are one of the last remaining manufacturers of carbon steel blades. They do however make some stainless blades as well.
The Treet Platinum is an inexpensive, quality blade that is not as well recognised as it should be.
I can't speak for longevity, but the Treet Platinum delivers me three BBS shaves before I throw it out at three uses like I do with all blades, and unlike a lot of blades it also shaves my problem areas well too. To top this off it is incredibly smooth and 100 blades can be bought for less than £7.
The only qualm that could be had for these blades is the packaging, as it is is a cardboard box with no blade slot. This does however mean the entire item is 100% recyclable, and that makes up for this.
I urge everyone to at least give this more obscure blade a try. As usual though YMMV.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp, comfortable, smooth,economical
Cons: Packaged in a cardboard box
I don't understand why we don't hear more of these blades. Maybe because I would have never tried them if iKON had not sent me a package. IMO they are the best blade I've found out of the 25 or so I've tried. As sharp as a Feather, but more comfortable on the first shave. I cork. Cheap enought to use for a couple of shaves and discard.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Mild but still a close shave
Very nice blades. I can slap a new one in my Slant and not worry about nicks or weepers. Very mild shave difficult to imagine getting any serious irritation with one of these. Oddly they don't feel too smooth during the actual shave, in fact they actually feel a bit rough but you can't argue with the results.

Maybe not quite as sharp as an Astra more around the same mark as a Derby but gives a comfortable shave like an IP.

Shave isn't as close as an Astra and while maybe not quite as close as a Derby its fractional. Easily get a DFS in two quick passes.

Longevity isn't really an issue for me - never found a blade that doesn't last a week just fine.

Packaging - well what do you want.

Edit: Having used them for a couple of weeks I rejected them - they just don't feel right. They give a nice shave if you want a blade from the milder end of the spectrum but that's not enough to persuade me.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Smooth
Cons: Package
Love this unassuming blade - comfortable shave, sharp enough, and value priced!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
The price is approximately the same as Derby when buying in bulk: cheap.
The blades are sharp enough, no nicks or cuts with them, and they last 5 shaves with no problem. Definitely a good buy (and not a goodbye:lol:)!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I am constantly impressed by these blades - they give me a DFS with no effort at all (three pass, no touch-ups) and a BBS with a little extra effort. They are also incredibly comfortable, and I haven't had a nick or a weeper with them yet! Quite a contrast to the feathers I also use - they shave closer more quickly but I pay for the pleasure with blood!

I'm still in two minds about the packaging - I miss the plastic blade safe (particularly as I have an inquisitive toddler at home), but environmentally it feels better not getting rid of extra plastic.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
I really like the Treet Platinum blades. After going through a sample set of blades and refining my shave technique so that pretty much any blade works for me, I've still found that I enjoy my shaves using the Treet Platinum.

Price - I get them for about 50 cents apiece, which is not the least expensive blade I've found (such as the Red Pack IP for around 10 to 15 cents per), but also not as expensive as Feather blades. And, of course, compared to my old Mach3 cartridges, and excellent price!

Quality - I've noticed some inconsistency in the blades, at least in my own experience. Sometimes, a new blade will be wonderful, and other times, I'll get some nicks or cuts and some skin roughness after a shave. Still, I can't truly rule out my own technique variability... and, I never find any rusty blades or ones that just won't work at all. So, I'd say this is 'above average' quality.

Sharpness and longevity - I can use these blades for about 5 or 6 two pass shaves. They feel sharp to me, as indicated by the lack of whisker-pulling I feel when shaving and the DFS shave I can get from two passes.

Smoothness of shave - DFS, all the time. I don't go for BBS shaves because I can't see an actual difference on my face - though it might feel smoother, I still see what looks like stubble no matter what. Also, I can use long or short strokes without any tugging feeling on my facial hair. And, I generally get the level of shave I desire without my face getting all roughed up, as evidenced by a cool tightness from rubbing on the alum block (rather than stinging).

Packaging - I prefer a plastic box that has a used blade slot... but then the environmentalist in me wonders if I could do just as well with a larger used blade container and paper packaging for the blades. These blades come in a paper box with plastic wrapping. It works, but I'd prefer the used blade slot.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
My local online store has just got these in. I've been looking for something in between a Feather and a Derby for sharpness. These may well be what I'm after. I've had terrific shaves with these - closer than a Feather, not because they're sharper, although they are sharp - because they are very smooth.

If I need a super close 4 pass shave, these can do it without any irritation at all.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
I rated these pretty poorly the first time I tried them, but looking back that can only have been my rookie technique. I shaved with one today and got one of my best Treet shaves to date out of one. I've always considered Trigs to be my favourite of the Treets, but these are smoother and sharper. Highly recommended.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
These blades are some of the smoothest I've ever tried. I would rank these above IP blades for smoothness. They are treated with a non-stick coating to increase smoothness. They're nice and sharp for me and seem to last 5 shaves (I usually get 3 with IP blades). The only thing I'm not crazy about is the packaging. They come individually wrapped and in packs of 5. I enjoy the blade dispensers over the individually wrapped blades. In any case, I plan to keep these in my rotation.

==Tom
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave