What's new

Treet Classic

Pros: Cheap, reliable, smooth.
In my Merkur 38c these blades are nothing spectacular. Pretty darned good, but nothing special. Where these blades shine for me is in my 1920 Gillette 102. Most new blades simply do not work because the razor was made when blades were substantially thicker. In this razor the carbon steel blades are right at home, making the old girl perform just as well as most new razors.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I get a fairly smooth and close shave out of these blades. Price is good, about 12 usd per 100. Like them, but the Silver Edge are better for me.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
PRICE:About what would be expected for a quality blade. On par with other offerings of this caliber. Gave the Treets an 8 in this category.

QUALITY:Appearance-wise, which is what I personally rate in this category, the Treets do pretty good. The print on the blades seems to be good and sharp, and they actually used the Treet logo over "Classic" in script that matches what is on the rest of the packaging. Very classy, in my estimation! For those of you that allow glue on blades to be the bane of your existence, you will positively hate the Treet Classics on this count. The blades don't have dots or even spots of glue, but I would estimate about 25% of one side of the blade is covered in the stuff.:scared: It's not like it is an inch thick or anything, just a thin coating, but let this be a warning! Personally, I don't really care one way or another about glue, so I still rated this category at a 9.

SHARPNESS:I called these blades "Pure performance" in my notes upon my initial shave, and they didn't fade quickly thereafter, so this earned the Treets a solid 8 in this category.

LONGEVITY:Got 3 solid, comfortable shaves from this blade, but noticed a lot of rust on the edge before what would have been shave 4, so I chucked the blade. I don't want this to count against the performance of this blade, but I gotta give it a 6 in this category, since I award 2 points per completed shave in scoring this category. It is what it is.

SMOOTHNESS OF SHAVE:Upon referencing my notes concerning this blade, I found, "Close, smooth & comfortable-Pure performance!", "Good & smooth.", and "Smooth & close.", so I gotta give a 9 to the Treet Classics here.

PACKAGING:I simply must give the Treet Classics a perfect score in this category for a few reasons. First, there are 10 great blades in each pack versus 5 blades from most of the competition out there. Secondly, the package gets bonus points for the retro appearance. I wasn't around in the '50's (far from it, since I missed out on half of the '70's, which is a good thing. Who wants to remember polyester and disco anyway?:confused1), but the packaging makes me think of drive-in's and soda shops for some strange reason. And of course, the carryover of the logos from the outer box to the paper wrapper and all the way through to the actual blade itself is pretty cool, you gotta admit!

For those to whom it matters, I used my Gillette Gold Fat Handle Tech in the evaluation of this blade. At the time, I was rotating through 3 different razors and 3 different blades, so I take total responsibility for the rusting of the blade subsequent to shave 3. What can I say: I had just received my sample pack the week before and had increased my razor count by 400% over the prior week and a half, so I was impatient to try out as many options as possible as quickly as possible. I've since repented of my wayward behavior and have limited all blade tests to the Fat Handle Tech until I work through the rest of my gargantuan sampler, and to lock my technique down using just one razor. I'll have to revisit this blade at a later date and use only it on sequential days to see if the longevity is increased.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)