What's new

Topaz - The micronised blade

Pros: Cheap
Cons: below average shave
This blade felt rough, performing below average.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Pros: price
Cons: longevity
These are strange blades. They tug, they scrape, they pull, they make a lot of noise on my face. They seem like terrible blades. They only last two shaves each, but for some strange reason they give me a smooth, irritation free 3 pass shave in all three of my razors. I can't figure it out.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
This blade is made in India and while India makes some very good blades like the Super Max, Indian Wilkinson etc., this Topaz is the worst blade that I have ever used. This blade is a disgrace. Might as well shave with a kitchen knife!
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Shave with broken glass, at least it won't have cost you anything. I had no luck with these, but YMMV.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Once more I wonder, is it the Rotbart, Godrej, or my face? For this blade performs just fine. Had a nice, close shave with only a little stinging. So not bad. For me these are comparable with Flying Eagle. Do not know what micronized means, but will find out. If you are looking for an inexpensive regular blade this one, or the Topaz Platinum could be worth a try. Both are available thru Ebay.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I bought these blades cheap in an ethnic food store.

The pack says 5+1 free.

I lathered up some of my AOS Lime cream and started my WTG pass.

Oh, the humanity! Tugging, and I mean tugging, skipping and jumping across my face.

I thought that I should at least try one with the grain, perhaps the blade might settle. No way!

I discarded the blade in fear of slicing up my face.

The only positive thing is the wrapping. They come in double wrapping. One paper envelope and one waxed.

They're cheap as well (15 Swedish kronor for a pack) but that doesn't make up for their bad quality, sharpness and overall experience.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)