What's new

Top Secret

I have been using this cream for around a week now.I am still thrilled with each shave with this cream.
What is really great about this cream is the slickness and the cushion but yet I still get a very close shave with no irritation.
The only negative is there is not alot of scent involved but that does not really bother me at all.

Highly recommend.

Paul
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Well, another nice product from Confiança - Portugal.

Price - Being the tube a big one, the price is really nice, under € 5 / $ 6.70 (03.2010). Who does better?!

Quality - There was a time when, in Portugal, just 2 factories made shave-creams: Ach.Brito (now Claus again) with Musgo and (the regreted) Lavanda, and Confiança, with this TS (for friends) and Veleiro, both still in production, not to mention O Melhor. Once competitors for the same market (homemarket and former colonies) recently Claus bought and incorporated Confiança. The fusion upgrade the quality, it seems to me.

Scent - Floral and wood, a perfect combination.As a personal taste i prefer Veleiro scent, but it's just me.

Latherability - a small quantity goes a long way. Just an hazelnut size of it and a thick lather pops up everywhere, please add water, if needed.

Efficacy - as a hot knife in butter, the blade with this lather glides...

Moisturizing Properties - Lanolin is here definitively...Perfect!!

Packaging - the old way, big cap, big metal tube and that beautiful old, naif retro design cardbox with an outdated lettering what makes all that charm and glamour... A must!! :thumbup1:

Being Confiança/Claus at Hollywood and Beverly Hills houses no need to say more...Oprah ruined all the fun spreading around such a well kept secret!! It was, once, a Top Secret and for your eyes only...not anymore!! :lol:

Now it's time for us, as regular and Classical wetshavers, to have a tube or two in our rotation...Nothing can go wrong with it!!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I haven't reviewed this cream yet, but now that it's available to the world, I must share my opinion. You can see my first impressions in this post.

Price: One thing is certain, the tube is huge and the cream lasts a loooong time, so the price is quite fair.

Quality: Confiança had an excellent reputation all by itself, even before being acquired by Claus Porto. This is what I consider the "working man's shaving cream", but the quality is vastly superior to anything that is sold in the supermarket.

Scent: A very nice Rose scent, with other notes in the mix that I cannot identify. One of my favorite scents, and it has some staying power.

Latherability: A bit tricky, all you need to know is to use less cream and more water.

Efficacy: Close and comfortable shaves, every time.

Moisturizing Properties: Very moisturizing. Must be the Lanolin?

Packaging: A thick tube, with a huge cap and nozzle. Very robust and manly.

This is a very good cream, and that scores a few extra points for being produced in my home town :thumbup:.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
proxy.php

Price: Top Secret is quite affordable, costing about 5€, which is a nice price for a cream with this quality.

Quality: Don't be deceived by the package or the name, we are facing an high quality product, produced by a company with over a century worth of knowledge.

Scent: It's very hard to describe the scent. In my opinion it seems like a mix of roses, musk and some kind of wood. The scent is really something.

Efficacy: A small portion creates a high quality lather, you don't need to add water. I use only a wet brush to create the lather.

Moisturizing properties: As it contains lanolin (extracted from wool) it smooths your skin, and creates less drag to your blade. I think this cream uses a generous amount of lanolin, which is quite good for the skin.

Packaging: Top Secret is sold in a metal tube that comes inside a box. One side of the box is in English, the other one in Portuguese. It may look like a low grade product, but don't be fooled by the package's look. The ingredients are not listed in the box or tube, maybe they want to keep it secret :biggrin1:

What could we expect from a company which produces soaps used by Oprah Winfrey, Kate Moss or Naomi Campbell ? You won't regret trying this one, as I did not. It's the same company which produces "Veleiro" already reviewed.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)