What's new

Tones Barber Shop shaving soap

I bought this soap off Ebay on a whim just because I was curious. I couldn't resist. In short, I like it alot. I got the refill because I don't care for the bowl sets. It fits perfectly in an Old Spice shaving mug (small size, upside down).The refill comes in a plain-jane wrapper...nothing special...but delivery from across the pond was quick. The S&H costs as much as the soap, which I expected!!!

If you like a clean, soapy smell that is triple milled, this might be a soap to check out. My only issue with it is that the scent fades quickly. Smells great in the mug, but seems to die when applied to your face. :eek:

I used a large size Best badger to whip up a great lather. I would venture a guess that this soap is made by the same company that makes some of the other top shelf English soaps. It has alot of the same characteristics. It takes a bit of work to create a lather, but once it's there..WOW. The lather is as good as a cream in my view. Nice & thick. It also seems to be as moisturizing as any soap I've ever tried. But YMMV as usual.

I would recommend this soap to any of you who like fishing around for that undiscovered gem. I think its a keeper. :thumbup:

Brad
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing