What's new

Tom's of Maine Long Lasting Deoderant Stick - Lavender

Pros: Made of natural materials
Cons: Pricey
Seeing that this is a stick of deodorant a lot of the above areas, latherability and such do not apply. That being said, I have been using ToM deodorant for a few years and am a big fan of the product. I normally would sweat through my undershirt and shirt no problem. This was with a variety of antiperspirants. The product was recommended to me by somebody at a music festival and I figured I would give it a go. It took a few days to work, but eventually I was no longer sweating through my shirts. The only time I do is when one would expect to do so, such as, working out. I highly recommend this product. It is all natural and works great. I have never worried about any pit-stench since. However, the price does come at a premium.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
I went on an deodorant kick a while back and was trying to find something that allowed me to sweat, but kept my pits smelling nice. This was an effort to rid my body of toxins.

Initially, I liked this product. The one I was using was scented "Woodspice"

However, it did not do anything to prevent odors. My pits would smell pretty bad after 2-3 hours. I do not have any odor or sweat problems and would consider myself normal in both categories.

Upon application, it makes this 'squishy' sound like you are putting soap on.

I came to the conclusion that this product was not for me.

Price- pretty standard/fair price for some deo.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
I bought one that was unscented. Excelent, went on smooth, natural, worked well, plus no scent to clash with AS or colognes.
I also had the same experience...worst burn out of any deodorant I have tried. :thumbdown
I had the same experience with the Toms.
you have the same problem as me. how is the SCS working for your pits?
To continue on my organic health care track, I picked up some Tom's deodorant. I chose the lavender because I like the fresh smell.

Price - This was a little higher than average for deodorant but not too high.

Quality - Very high quality product. Application was smooth. There was no caking or anything like that, but this is what you would expect when there is no AP.

Scent - A very pleasant Lavender scent. Nice and soft, even if perhaps a little girly.

Efficacy - Controlled pit odor all day. No problems here.

Packaging - Simple turn and wipe applicator.

I have some serious issues with AP. When I use it, I get some sort of chemical burn under my arms that can only be treated by either not applying deodorant or using some sort of medicated body powder (ie Gold Bond.) I chose this expecting that I would not have to worry about it. I was wrong.

I currently use Old Spice High Endurance. The problem is that I find most deodorants to have to much of the same smell. As much as anything I wanted to get away from that.

After about an hour after the first use, my pits began to feel that old familiar burning sensation. Sure enough, when I checked myself out in the bathroom, my pits were bright red. After applying some Gold Bond for a few days, I decided to give it another go. I thought that perhaps I had some sort of residue under my arms that might have had a reaction. After a thorough bathing and rinsing of my pits, I tried it again. The burn came back almost immediately. I then tossed the product away.

I am currently using SCS deodorant.

I was happy with the quality of this product but it is not for me. I know that Tom's makes a sensitive skin formula but I have not seen it in the local markets. I think I will try that after I run out of Sue's deodorant. If all else fails, I can always go back to Old Spice.

Jonathan
Top Bottom