What's new

Tom Ford Tuscan Leather

I love Knize 10 because I am an old world romantic and underground dandy (figure that one out!). Knize 10 is a great leather fragrance for the black-and-white movie fan. I love this one too. Tom Ford has his finger on the pulse of what makes for a true classically-based fragrance. This is a very solid leather fragrance. It smells very natural and direct in the way of a good pair of gloves or the seats in an expensive car. Reassuringly expensive it will make you feel smart, rakish, handsome without being too obvious. This is a modern man's leather. Younger than the Knize 10 man, but not as young as the man who could do with Heeley's splendid Cuir Pleine Fleur, the Tom Ford guy in Tuscan Leather is a bit of a bother to the Knize 10 man: more impetuous, unconventional, nicely rebellious, he too often shuns wearing a tie but has style. Maybe this was the way the Knize 10 guy was 25 years ago. I love this fragrance, but how I loathe that guy! Maybe I am just a little jealous. Wear with pride and joy.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I finally obtained a bottle of Tom Ford Tuscan Leather.

Price: TF is expensive stuff, no doubt. The score is reflected on the price. I can't say I'd buy a whole range of TF scents owing to the high price, but I'm not moaning over the money I did spend.

Quality: There is nothing that smells synthetic or rough here, and smelling it over time, there is nothing nasty or artificial in the dry down, indicting decent quality to me.

Packaging: A plastic cap which, at the price, seems a bit chintzy to me.

Scent: This is a strong, linear scent, with very little layering or complexity. To my nose, there is a start of raspberry, which is gone in moments, giving way to full-on leather with strong tobacco underneath. The leather just endures, and endures well. While I have not read this in any reviews on Basenotes or any other perfume reviews, I have to say this scent is very reminiscent of Caron Tabac Blond. If Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather was a building, it would have two pillars only, one being leather, one being blonde pipe tobacco.

Staying Power: Very good in my experience.

Atomizer: As rated, not the best for the price but serviceable.

Overall, this is one strong, linear-leather scent. I was really looking for something like this, as opposed to Creed REL or other formulations, which fine they may be, but which have layers of scents where the leather is more sub rosa than prominent. If you want prominent, rich, strong leather tones, this is the one to get. But beware, its not for the faint of heart.

This is strong stuff.

Best,

Chris
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity