What's new

Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

Price - The price is $85 +/- for 1.7 oz.

Quality - At this price, you would expect a high quality EdP. I think it is. I was looking for different vetiver qualities, but this is a nice product.

Packaging - Packaging is fine. Meh. I am happy with a paper label on a plain bottle, like DR Harris stuff. I toss the bottle when empty. No great shakes.

Scent - This is not my vetiver of all vetivers, but I like it. On top, it is a vivid citrus, a surprisingly distinct grapefruit combined with a fresh, herbal sage (as opposed to a dried & crushed sage). At the heart, it is vetiver and iris root. The vetiver is green and the iris root (or the combination of the two) reminds me of resins on a saw blade in a woodworking shop (I find that scent appealing). Interesting, briefly, then it settles into amberwood and oakmoss with the vetiver hanging on, but fading.

Several people mentioned finding a sweet note in GV. I do pick that up, but I cannot place it. GV is sweeter than, say, Guerlain Vetiver, but it is not cloying. The base is light dry woods with vetiver.

Complexity - GV continues to surprise me. The grapefruit on top is remarkable. The heart notes are distinct and unique. The base woods are pleasing. I have had a different experience each time I have applied it. Yes, it can seem predictable, if not mundane, and then it dazzles the sniffer.

Staying Power - Average or better depending on application. It projects as an EdP should.

Quality of Atomizer - Well, it is a bottle with a spray top, if that qualifies as an atomizer. So far, it has put out a very fine mist.

This is not the dirty, raw, rooty vetiver scent I seek, but GV qualifies as a nice EdP at another level. I read a review that suggests TF is marketing this vetiver to people who don't care much for vetiver, maybe, but it is a fine EdP.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)