What's new

Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

Item Description

Price - The price is $85 +/- for 1.7 oz.

Quality - At this price, you would expect a high quality EdP. I think it is. I was looking for different vetiver qualities, but this is a nice product.

Packaging - Packaging is fine. Meh. I am happy with a paper label on a plain bottle, like DR Harris stuff. I toss the bottle when empty. No great shakes.

Scent - This is not my vetiver of all vetivers, but I like it. On top, it is a vivid citrus, a surprisingly distinct grapefruit combined with a fresh, herbal sage (as opposed to a dried & crushed sage). At the heart, it is vetiver and iris root. The vetiver is green and the iris root (or the combination of the two) reminds me of resins on a saw blade in a woodworking shop (I find that scent appealing). Interesting, briefly, then it settles into amberwood and oakmoss with the vetiver hanging on, but fading.

Several people mentioned finding a sweet note in GV. I do pick that up, but I cannot place it. GV is sweeter than, say, Guerlain Vetiver, but it is not cloying. The base is light dry woods with vetiver.

Complexity - GV continues to surprise me. The grapefruit on top is remarkable. The heart notes are distinct and unique. The base woods are pleasing. I have had a different experience each time I have applied it. Yes, it can seem predictable, if not mundane, and then it dazzles the sniffer.

Staying Power - Average or better depending on application. It projects as an EdP should.

Quality of Atomizer - Well, it is a bottle with a spray top, if that qualifies as an atomizer. So far, it has put out a very fine mist.

This is not the dirty, raw, rooty vetiver scent I seek, but GV qualifies as a nice EdP at another level. I read a review that suggests TF is marketing this vetiver to people who don't care much for vetiver, maybe, but it is a fine EdP.

Latest reviews

Price - The price is $85 +/- for 1.7 oz.

Quality - At this price, you would expect a high quality EdP. I think it is. I was looking for different vetiver qualities, but this is a nice product.

Packaging - Packaging is fine. Meh. I am happy with a paper label on a plain bottle, like DR Harris stuff. I toss the bottle when empty. No great shakes.

Scent - This is not my vetiver of all vetivers, but I like it. On top, it is a vivid citrus, a surprisingly distinct grapefruit combined with a fresh, herbal sage (as opposed to a dried & crushed sage). At the heart, it is vetiver and iris root. The vetiver is green and the iris root (or the combination of the two) reminds me of resins on a saw blade in a woodworking shop (I find that scent appealing). Interesting, briefly, then it settles into amberwood and oakmoss with the vetiver hanging on, but fading.

Several people mentioned finding a sweet note in GV. I do pick that up, but I cannot place it. GV is sweeter than, say, Guerlain Vetiver, but it is not cloying. The base is light dry woods with vetiver.

Complexity - GV continues to surprise me. The grapefruit on top is remarkable. The heart notes are distinct and unique. The base woods are pleasing. I have had a different experience each time I have applied it. Yes, it can seem predictable, if not mundane, and then it dazzles the sniffer.

Staying Power - Average or better depending on application. It projects as an EdP should.

Quality of Atomizer - Well, it is a bottle with a spray top, if that qualifies as an atomizer. So far, it has put out a very fine mist.

This is not the dirty, raw, rooty vetiver scent I seek, but GV qualifies as a nice EdP at another level. I read a review that suggests TF is marketing this vetiver to people who don't care much for vetiver, maybe, but it is a fine EdP.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
kg0mz
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from kg0mz

Top Bottom