What's new

TOBS Mr. Taylor

Nowhere for me to buy this but online, so took a punt. And what a good one it was.

This is a great scent. It starts off smelling of fresh zingy cloves, pepper or cinnamon, depending on your nose, and settles down to a soft, musky cedary smell.

But shortly after that, on me it's gone.

I like it so much though, I've just taken to throwing plenty on and hoping it'll stick longer. It's not overpowering at all, so I think you can get away with that.

It's subtle, complex, fresh and very male - in comparison to anything I've tried in stores, which all seem to be ladylike flower bombs of various potency.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
0.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
I bought this based on the comparisons to T&H Grafton and I was not disappointed. While it's certainly not exactly the same, the similarities are there. This has a bit more of a peppery scent that dries down to woody goodness, although I still get little hits of the peppery top notes throughout the day. I agree with the other posts that it's staying power is not great, but I've found it's a simple case of splashing more on to keep it staying longer.
-ACHTUNG-
If you're planning on buying this cologne to match the scent of the Mr. Taylor Shaving Cream....DON'T (make the same mistake i did). It smells absolutely NOTHING like the cream. :thumbdown I mean it's a completely different fragrance that's added to the cream. This stuff smells much more like the Eton College line of TOBS products. If you want that Mr. Taylor SC scent, go with Truefitt & Hill "Grafton" cologne. It is DEAD ON and an amazing scent. My Girlfriend DROOLS over it too.
The price is reasonable and because I don't use it everyday I still have a bottle that I received as a gift for Valentine's day and will last the rest of the year.

I love the simple packaging and label, it makes it seem more prestigious.

The sent is great and suits my style for daily wear to the office and I'll split the weekends with Old Spice and Tabac.

I give it a 5-6 hour on your clothes/collar. If you use Mr. Taylor's splash too, I like to put the cologne as Im walking out the door because the smell of the splash has subsided a bit and you can really enjoy the smell of the actual cologne and won't over power you in your drive to work.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
At £16 i think the price is ok. I am new to this, but the quality seems ok to me. It came in a box for me that’s fine, I really like the sent, the wife likes it as well, as to complexity well I couldn’t tell you what the smells of ,i just know I like it. As for staying power about 5 hours, which is fine by me.
My favorite cologne. If I could only have one, this would be it.

A timeless scent of crisp herbs and a hint of warm spice. Versatile enough to be worn everyday or for formal occasions. A three-season scent, strong and rich, yet light enough not to project and offend. Very fresh it its own way. It's just classy, guys. Sophisticated but not stuffy. Men of any age can wear this. Seriously. It truly epitomizes the moniker "a gentleman's cologne."

It doesn't match the shave cream exactly (which is a dead -on match for T&H Grafton), rather it is its own beast.

As has been noted, staying power is low. 4-5 hours is a good estimate for skin; longer if applied to your collar.

Simply put: great stuff.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
Got a bottle along with a tub of the matching shave cream, and I have to say this it is a wonderful scent. I wish it lasted a little longer. I will have to get the matching deodarant and bath and shower gel.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
Great manly scent. Incens and pepper to my nose. Staying power is low but just anough for this strong scent.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Another great cologne from Taylors. Like the rater, the scent alone drove me to purchase the shaving cream, aftershave balm, deodorant, & shampoo for the total Taylors experience. Get it, you can't go wrong.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
This is a great cologne scent - perhaps my current favorite. I loved the scent of the shave cream so much, I bought the cologne. It matches fairly closely - not quite as warm a scent as the cream, but close enough.

Price - Not the cheapest you can buy, but given what some of these other scents go for, it is nicely priced in the $30 range.

Quality - Can't complain. It is a nice product.

Packaging - So-so. Just comes in a splash bottle that is rectangular, and in a box.

Scent - Wonderful. This is the description of the scent:
For generations, discriminating gentlemen have selected this crisp and spicy fragrance in which Tarragon, Lavender and Incense combine with hints of Green Galbanum and Citrus for an elegant manly scent and a warm, woody drydown with traces of Cedar, Sandal, Patchouli and Musk.

Complexity - There are numerous notes I detect, but the most dominant, to me, are the Sandal and Musk and Lavender.

Staying power - this is the weak point. This isn't the shortest lived cologne I own, but definitely not the longest. It lasts a couple of hours on me, tops.

Atomizer - it doesn't have one. I bought a cobalt atomizer-top bottle from Charles at QED to decant this into, and that works great.

All in all, this is a great everyday cologne, and it will always stay in my rotation.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
I liked this scent very much. Out of the 5 decants that I obtained from Scotto, I think this was my favorite. My only complaint is that it did not last longer. I used three sprays after a shave and could barely detect the cologne 3 hours later. Maybe I should try a fourth spray next time.
Price
Around 16£ (24€/30$) per bottle of 100ml is quite cheap.

Quality
You may not get the highest quality ingredients as in higher-prized products, but it's a great composition, you get a presentable bottle, nicely packaged so the overall quality is really good.

Packaging
You get a stiff, traditional looking cardboard-box with a nice bottle inside. Can't complain about it.

Scent
I'm no good at describing scents but it's definitely a warm, woody fragrance with hints of spices and citrus. Very masculine and manly, but lovely and soft at the same time.
Perfect as a part of your everyday rotation and very suitable for nearly every occasion, both formal and informal.

Here's the description Taylor gives:
For generations, discriminating gentlemen have selected this crisp and spicy fragrance in which Tarragon, Lavender and Incense combine with hints of Green Galbanum and Citrus for an elegant manly scent and a warm, woody drydown with traces of Cedar, Sandal, Patchouli and Musk.

Complexity
After the spices settle down it's very straightforward to my nose, warm and woody but with many slightly different elements. Very nice.

Staying Power
The only downside to it. On me it's gone in about 7-8 hours, so I have to re-apply it after lunch. But as it's a splash-bottle, I have yet to try it from an atomizer.

Quality of Atomizer
There's none as it's a splash-bottle.

View attachment 4378

View attachment 4379
Top Bottom