What's new

TM Heirlom 2" Artisan "Old School" Strop

View attachment 71423
Let me introduce you to one beautiful piece of craftsmanship, the Tony Miller 2" Artisan "Old School" Strop. I have been using it for several months now and it just keeps getting better and better. When I received it, after some exemplary service from Mr. Miller, the strop was perfect. Packaged carefully, the strop had no kinks, cracks, etc. It feels wonderful in the hands and as you run a straight down it.

Fit & Finish: This strop is a work of love. The quality and craftsmanship is wonderful. You don't see this type of work to often. The hardware is heavy, attached securely, and made to last.
Heavy Hardware
View attachment 71421
The TM Seal
View attachment 71422
Amount of Draw: The latigo has considerable draw compared to my vintage horsehide strop. Makes a nice rich sound as you strop and my razors always feel very smooth.

Thickness of Leather: Both the latigo and the smooth cotton are quite thick. I have seen other strops that are thinner. The TM gives you confidence in the quality of materials.
View attachment 71424

Efficacy: This is a great tool to help keep your razors in great shape. The leather is nice and flat giving a good consistent stropping surface. The strap is a nice tight weave without flaws.

Overall Value: A BIG 10 here. Tony's strops are priced right and compared to the new stuff that's available these are leaps and bounds over the competition. Some have complained about the availability and such but these are more than worth the effort. If you want a 2" strop look no further than this one.

Now for some personal notes. I really like the 2" surface as doing the X pattern came naturally to me. My one concern was the D rings. My other strop has handles which I thought I liked. Then I got to use the D rings. These feel so much more natural and secure to me.
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
xa_sc_review_field_title.fit_&_finish
5.00 star(s)
Overall Value
5.00 star(s)
Amount of Draw
4.00 star(s)
Thickness of Leather
5.00 star(s)
Top Bottom