Badger & Blade

JoWolf
JoWolf
I do not have any knowledge or do I use straights. I enjoy your informative reviews. I f I may ask a question. Why did the razor only get two stars for shaving smoothness?
rbscebu
rbscebu
The two stars for shaving smoothness was based on how it shaves as received. The blade's final shaving smoothness is very dependant on the user's honing ability that can considerably vary between users.
JoWolf
JoWolf
Thank you. I enjoy reading about all blades that shave with the exception of plastic blade cartridges, which I had used for too long.
rbscebu
rbscebu
Yesterday afternoon I gave this blade some love; checked/set the bevel and then my normal progression through lapping film and pasted balsa stropping. All looked good.

This morning I took this blade on its first real shave. Everything went well except that the edge was yet quite up to what I normally expect. This is probably due to the harder steel not reacting to film and balsa as much as my "softer" blades.

I will continue using this blade daily but include 50 laps on each of my 0.5u, 0.25u and 0.1u pasted hand-held balsa strops before finishing with 50 laps on the 0.1u hanging. I am expecting to see a slight improvement with each shave. Within a few weeks it should be perfect.
Hak.1963
Hak.1963
Very nice review.
Top Bottom