What's new

Titan 1918 ACRM-2 Straight Razor

An affordable SR from Taiwan
Pros: Good quality for an affordable price.
Holds an edge well.
Relatively easy to hone to a shave-ready edge.
Well balanced.
Cons: Blade was not perfectly central in the scales but still acceptable.
I purchased this razor new in early December 2019. When received the edge was sharp but definitely not shave ready (what do you expect for the price). I properly set the bevel and refined the edge using The Method - lapping film to diamond pasted balsa strops and finished on a hanging clean leather strop.

The bladed ended up with and excellent edge that shaved very well in all positions - WTG, XTG and ATG. After that first shave, this razor has become one of my favourites. The edge now looks like this:

edge02  20200205.jpg

When opened 180deg. the razor balances at about the pivot point.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Lasting Edge
4.00 star(s)
Craftsmanship
4.00 star(s)
Easy to Sharpen
5.00 star(s)
Easy to Maintain
5.00 star(s)
Shaving Smoothness
5.00 star(s)
rbscebu
rbscebu
The Titan ACRM-2 as received has a spine thickness of 5.9mm (0.232") and blade width (top of spine ware to edge) of 18.1mm (0.713"). This gives a bevel angle of about 18.5deg.

I prefer a supplied bevel angle to be in the larger size as it is easier to reduce if wanted by just thinning out the spine.

The razor has an overall mass of 64g (2.26oz). When opened 180deg, the razor's centre of gravity is about 6.5mm (1/4") from the pivot pin towards the blade tip.

The blade steel is a bit more corrosion resistant that a Gold Dollar but not a full stainless steel. Steel hardness is also greater than the GD but not by a lot.
rbscebu
rbscebu
Looks like Titan have now ground a new batch of these SRs. I have just received some that do not have a stabiliser.

Here is the old

full

and here is the new

full
Top Bottom