What's new

Thomas O'Brien shaving bowl

Item Description

This was my find of the week. I've been searching some of the department stores looking for a new bowl that would work with my larger brushes. I found this in my local Target in the dinner ware section. I've used the bowl for a week now and it works just fine.

Price. $3.99 is pretty hard to beat. I bought two. I couldn't force myself to spend $40 for the hand made bowls.

Quality. Made in China but it looks well made to me. No flaws.

Performance. Size matters. It has a 4 inch diameter at the top, 2 1/2 inch base and 2 1/4 inches tall. The brush in the photo is a 26mm Rooney with Heritage Silvertip. It fits great. Even though the bowl has slightly raised rings up and down the inside and outside of the bowl, I don't think it will help too much to bring up a quick lather. What I like is it's still pretty wide at the bottom of the bowl.

Usefulness. I have been using different cups, mugs and bowls. This is the best size for me.

Durability. It should last a lifetime if you don't drop it on a ceramic tile floor.

Packaging. N/A. These are just stacked without packaging on shelves next to the soup bowls and dinner dishes. Of interest though they are available in different colors, dark blue and brown as I recall.

Latest reviews

This is weird... I spotted this bowl at my local Target about a week ago and immediately thought "shaving bowl" even though it was in the kitchen section.

I have been using it every day! It has a nice unobtrusive appearance, it is light and fits perfectly in my palm, and the inner surface is mildly ridgy which may help build the later a bit.

I think it's really funny that other people here had the same idea when they saw this "dipping sauce" bowl, but I think it goes to show that this little bowl seems to be perfect for an inexpensive shaving bowl.
Thanks guys for the tip, I just got a blue one at my local Target and I love it! I gave it a zero for packaging as Target had it open stock with the white ones.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Durability
4.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)