What's new

Thiers-Issard Blond Horn silvertip brush

I should start this off by saying This brush is a very sexy looking brush . The handle has some great curves and fits very nice in my hands . That being said I think this brush is pretty floppy and will not be added to my rotation any time soon . I have given this brush to my wife and she loves the way it looks but says "it is way to soft" I agree whole heartedly .

I have used it for the past couple of days to see if my opinion on it would change but sadly it has not . the brush is way to floppy . it takes some time and work to get a good lather from it .

a few things about this brush the handle is blond horn and the knot size is 26mm . the brush is pricey at $289.99 plus shipping . I would say for the money you can spend much less and get a far better brush then this one .

check out the bloom on this baby it is just shy of 4 inches
displayimage.php

A little comparison next to a $35 C&E brush on the left and an AOS $100 brush on the right
displayimage.php

The set up

Thiers Issard brush , Speick cream , Large scuttle from Sara
displayimage.php

almond size amount of Speick
displayimage.php

And the work begins
displayimage.php

after about 35 seconds of work
displayimage.php

another minutes or so
displayimage.php

the end result after about 2 minutes of work
displayimage.php

This is a really nice looking brush and if you like floppy brushes this is an ideal brush for you . personally I prefer a brush that does not have so much give to it and that will be a little more scruffy . Based on looks alone this brush is incredible based on the way it performs I would rather stick to my $35 C&E brush any day .
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)