What's new

The Shave Den (TSD) Coconut Lime Verbena Shave Cream

overall my judgment about this product is: great scent, poor lather. i can't lather this cream, no matter how i try. (i only use silvertip badger brushes, one by muehle-pinsel, the others are artisanal brushes.) have even tried bottled water, thinking the issue might be the hardness of the water. i can't use this as a stand alone cream, it does make a nice superlather, though. the scent is it's strong differentiating factor, although i don't detect much coconut. it smells similar to the shave den's tropical verbena shave cream, with the verbena toned down by the lime. i gave the other properties poor ratings because the lather is so poor, that it's difficult to judge. the packaging could stand a wider mouth to the jar, as it's hard to fit all but a small sized brush into it to get at the lather once it's been used below the first few shaves. so in summary great scent, which is to me 1/2 the fun of wet shaving, but lousy lather. use it for superlather.
addendum: for fairness sake- i tired this cream again today, using a different silvertip brush and a different bowl; don't know- but i was able to get a good lather going. maybe i used more product, maybe the brush, or surface of the bowl, or maybe the stuff is inconsistent. whatever the reason it did lather nicely, but seemed a little drying on the face despite using pre shave oil.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Price: Not the cheapest. Not the most expensive. But a competitively priced shave cream.

Quality: Very good quality. Make great lather, smells great, and is competitively priced.

Scent: Very wonderful scent. I do like it very much.

Latherability: Makes great thick and rich lather. Tends to dry out in the mugs when left alone while I do my oil/touchup pass on my face and before I lather my head. But a few drops of water and a couple quick swirls with the brush and back comes that great lather.

Efficacy: The cream does its job well but I experience a slight stinging feeling on my face. My SCS Verbena SC does the same thing.

Moisturizing Properties: Does not dry out my skin but I can't say that it puts anything moisturizing into my skin either.

Packaging: Only problem I have with the packaging is that the jar is too small. Would be nice if all the TSD creams came in larger jars. This would mean an increase in price but so be it when you get more product.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)