What's new

The Shave Den Subzero

The Shave Den makes an outstanding aftershave splash with this being their menthol bomb variant. There's only a light peppermint scent so don't expect it to linger all day. The menthol is the centerpiece here, and at the normal concentration it makes your eyes water (and that's a good thing).

What I really dig about this splash (and any other TSD splash) is that you have to shake the the bottle before using because stuff settles out. Shaken up it's cloudy, meaning there's actual good stuff in there not just alcohol, water, and fragrance. Leaves your skin feeling great and very soft & moisturized.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I have samples of the lime & mojito splashes (minus the menthol and alantoin). They both smell good enough to eat/drink (best FOs ever) and they work very well. I just wish the scents would last a bit longer, but that's what the "perfume" version is for. Next on my list to buy.
Having tried a sample of Subzero I decided to buy the full bottle.

Price: with shipping it gets to around $20, which is expensive, but you could do worse

Quality: top-notch and handmade

Cooling sensation: this has the most menthol of any stock aftershave I have ever used (i.e. I didn't add menthol). And there is an option of double menthol!:eek:

Scent: light mint scent, which is short-lived, which is what I like

Efficacy: freezes your face and leaves smooth

Moisturizing: you can add allatoin (similar to aloe vera) for superb moisturizing

Alcohol: this is an alcohol AS, so be warned

After having used this, I am anxious to try other splashes from the shave den. Give this one a try, you won't be dissapointed unless you like razorburn.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)