What's new

The Shave Den - Iced Lime

I have the Signature scent AS w/ allantoin and it is incredible! A pleasant blend of bay rum and bergamot. I dont like the strong bayrum so this is a very nice subtle scent. The ingredients really make it a top notch AS and much better than Boosters as mentioned above. I would also add that the 2 Booster products I have DO NOT contain glycerine(Polar Ice & Iced Lime). These are your basic alcohol splashes that really do need additional moisturizer such as glycerine or a balm. Kudos to JoAnna and her aftershave!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Booster's contains glycerin. It is not just alcohol and scent. Just wanted to correct that.
I received a similar bottle today from TSD, except in the Subzero (peppermint and menthol). Also with allantoin added. I'm a big fan of mint and menthol, and this one really delivers. Just a touch of burn, not bad at all, followed by a nice freeze for a good 10 minutes. Leaves the skin soft and toned. The mint fragrance fades too quickly, alas. I really like this product, expect I will always have a bottle handy.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Gents,

I ordered some lime aftershave from Joanna and at the last minute, asked her to add some menthol to it. I figured with the summer coming it would be nice to give it a whirl. When I opened the bottle the first thing that hit me was fresh squeezed limes - not anything artificial or lime jello smelling. I poured some in my still wet hands and applied to my rinsed face. There was some minimal sting but I fully expected that with a citrus essential oil. For a moment I wondered, "Where's the menthol?" then the frost kicked in! The menthol coolness lasted from that second, as I cleaned up the sink, shook out my brush and got dressed for work. While I didn't keep track of the actual time, it lasted for quite a while. As with the other aftershaves I have from Joanna, the soothing properties are excellent, moisturizes good for me and doesn't linger as to interfere with any EDT or cause me any migraines.

Sure...I know a Gent can pick up something like Booster's for $10 plus shipping but it is just alcohol, water and some artificial scent. I know my skin reacts much better to an aftershave splash like this one with all the goodness Joanna has added to it.

For those that are interested, the ingredients are: Water, SDA40B, Propylene Glycol, Isopropyl alcohol, Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera, Potassium Sorbate

A huge thank you to Joanna for whipping this bottle up for me - I will most certainly purchase more in the future. Any other Gent who may be a fan of Limes and menthol, this is without a doubt for you as well. I have been using TSD aftershaves with various scents over the last few months exclusively and find them to all be excellent. With the large variety of scents available - both essential & fragrance oils along with custom blends available - I am certain there is something you will enjoy.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)