What's new

The Shave Den - Aftershave Milk

This is the only AS that I've tried so far that leaves me feeling moisturized and toned, but not greasy or tight. She offers so many scents, you're bound to find one you like. Or, you can do like I do: Get a whole bunch of sample sizes and enjoy the variety. Since you only need a couple drops each time, even a 1oz sample lasts a long time.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
This is an good aftershave balm, but not a great one. It reminds me of a watered down Proraso. Still it is very a comforting aftershave.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Love this stuff. Except that it makes me break out.
I used the mentholated version and it cools as much as proraso pre/post.
Does everything very well. Sucks that I am allergic to it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
It's true! There are so many scent choices I did not want to take the time the time to count them, maybe 30? You can also choose whether you want menthol to be added as well. I bought the oak leaves and acorns scent which I think is okay. I am impressed by the fact I can still smell a trace of it by late afternoon after applying it in the morning. It costs $15.00 and is worth what you pay IMO. I did not ask for the optional added menthol, so mine is not supposed to "cool". There is no alcohol burn because it does not contain alcohol. I would use it anytime of year, as it moisturizes well and does a good job of fighting razor burn.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I tried a sample of the Iced Subzero AS Milk from TSD today.

OH MY! It was cold. Actually my face is still cold 6 hours later.

Love it! I ordered mine with extra menthol. And its perfect. It actually was cold when I took it out of the package.

I am definitely going to go back and get some more. This is high quality product. Doesn't leave my skin dry and in the warm summer sun, its just what everyone needs.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Captain, Iceberg Ahead!
Wow. I ordered the no scent with menthol, and it is awesome. I have been searching for a product like this, as my skin is uber-sensitive. The cooling effect is very refreshing. Try it!:thumbup1:
I got the "sensitive/unscented" version of the A/S Milk... it's moisturizing and soothing without being greasy. No burn (no alcohol). A little goes a long way and it soaks in quickly. Leaves my skin looking very healthy. Highly recommended.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I decided to just make one general review of TSD Aftershave Milk made by JoAnna as I have both the Iced Lime and Iced Bay Rum.

The ingredient list is as follows: Hydrosol Blend (Rose, Hibiscus, Jasmine), Jojoba Oil, Water, Witch Hazel, Shea Butter, Lecithin, Allantoin, Vitamin E,
Glycerin, Aloe Vera, Potassium Sorbate, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid.

I am happy there is no lavender in there as my face is extremely sensitive to all things lavender - even hydrosol.

Available is a very large variety of essential oil or fragrance blends (there are 80 to choose from) and with menthol or without.

The large 4oz bottle has a shaker top to assure the proper amount of product to apply after your shave. I use only a few drops applied to my still wet hands and apply it to my face which is also still wet. I thought Joanna's regular aftershave was something bu this kicks things up a notch. I usually need a bit more for my winter aftershaves as I travel every day in my car on business and the heater wreaks havoc on my face making it extremely dry. I have used this exclusively over the last week and can report nothing less than stellar results. For those that may be concerned about lingering scents, this lasts just long enough to enjoy it but will not interfere with any EDT's you may apply. If I had to guess it is no longer than a few minutes.

In regards to the above ratings...

Burning sensation = zero felt during or after application.

Moisturizing = Just about the best of any I have tried over the years. No greasiness and no sticky or tacky feeling. This product leaves my skin feeling great with no shine!

Cooling = I added menthol to mine and it is as cooling as her regular product with it added.

Soothing & Healing = Any minor irritation or redness I experience after shaving is quickly remedied by this. By the time I am finished cleaning up my shave supplies and changed for work, all redness has subsided.

Price = Are you kidding me...$15 for this is a bargain! The custom scents, the ability to tweak it with added menthol and the few drops required after shaving means this is just pennies per day. The two bottles I have are going to last a long time.

As I noted in my other TSD review, I understand you can purchase a cheaper bottle of aftershave from Booster's but it is just alcohol and water with some fragrance. This bottle of aftershave milk is chocked full of skin care goodness!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)