What's new

The Shave Den After Shave

I imagine potassium sorbate is added here as a humectant, to prevent it drying the skin.
I have the unscented version and it's good stuff. Seems to have a low alcohol content and is more moisturizing than I thought it would be. I'm not so sure how good it fights razor burn since I don't really get razor burn anymore. In terms of cooling sensation - you can choose to get menthol or not...
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
1.00 star(s)
jesus...potassium sorbate isnt that an artificial sweetner?!:blink:
The Shave Den After Shave: West Indian Sandalwood with Allantoin.

I've been giving this After Shave a go for the last few weeks and I have been pleasantly surprised.

At first I untwisted the top off of the brown glass bottle; which was a good note for me since I didn't have to worry about switching it out of plastic, and the brown glass aids to keep light rays out :thumbup1: and I was thrown off. At first whiff I could not really smell anything. So I replaced the cap and shook it for 5 seconds, and reopened to a smell that reminded me of peanuts :001_huh:

Trying not to fret I shaved and followed up with a rinse and towel pat to dry. Afterwards i tilted the bottle and placed my index finger into the neck and dabbed A/S over my face. As my finger rose to place the A/S the second time i caught a pleasant subtle woodsy smell. The scent lingers for a few hours; around 4 hours, depending on how active you are.

My last shave I got a little nick and followed up with a rinse and this A/S and didn't get a alcohol bite; only a little twinge :lol: and the nick went right away.

This product contains:

Water, SDA40B, Propylene Glycol,
Isopropyl alcohol, Witch Hazel, Glycerin,
Aloe Vera and Potassium Sorbate

The Aftershaves are designed specially for the Shave Den and made to order with plenty of scents to choose from.

You can pick up a Bottle online at the Shave Dens online shop for about $10 for 4 oz or a sampler for under five bucks. Not steep at all considering you get to customize your A/S a bit.

Overall its a nice aftershave, great for the evening shavers that aren't making extravagant plans for the night time. Seeing the scent isn't offensive and you can sleep with it on without your throat being irritated unlike some of the stronger A/S. And if you shave in the morning this guy layers well to boot!

Get out there and shave :thumbup1:

-Enjoy
Top Bottom