What's new

The Real Shaving Co. Self Heating Face Mask

Item Description

I saw this in a local Tesco store, and had to give it a try.

It is a pre-shave product, that is claims to replace the 'hot towel' stage of pre shave prep. I was extremely skeptical, as I have tried many products in the past that claimed to soften the beard before a shave, and none of them came close to the effect of holding a hot hand towel to your face for a few mins (which is probably the only part of my every day shave I don't particularly enjoy). But I am glad to say - this product does the job... and does it very well.

Following the instructions on the back of the tube, I quickly wet my face in warm water (the water I used was barely warm) and massaged a good squirt of the product into my beard. As soon as you start to massage the product, there is a reaction within it that makes it instantly heat up! Don't worry - it doesn't get hot... just pleasantly warm. Now as you can see from the photos, it has dark particulates in it, which act like a mild scrub as far as I can tell. It looks like it is going to smell terrible, but it actually has a fairly pleasant (if mild) scent.

Leave it on your face for a few mins (I took the time to get the rest of my shaving gear ready) and rinse off. Then proceed with your normal shaving routine.

It worked really great, and had done a fantastic job at softening my beard before the shave... i'd say it worked as well as a 'proper' hot towel prep.

It cost just under 5 UK pounds (making it about 9 US dollars) so whilst it is not expensive compared to some other premium shaving products, I feel it is not worth replacing your daily hot towel routine for - but is a fantastic product to use on those days when you just don't want to perch yourself over the sink holding a scorching towel to your face!

View attachment 10289

View attachment 10290

View attachment 10291

Latest reviews

After reading the review for this I really wanted to try it. However I knew that I would probaby have to special order it. Well I was shopping at Rite Aid for some quality BARBASOL WITH ALOE.....OK I was joking about the barbasol....but I walked by the shaving stuff and noticed this stuff for $8.99. They had a sampler for $15 with all 4 products but I have the best scrub, shave cream, and after shave so I went for the "hot towel" treatment. Ran home and tried it. Oh my....This stuff goes on warm and stays warm....your face gets very warm!!!! I rinsed after about 4 minutes...and you have to rinse very well and my face...yes was still warm. Lathered up with my TOB Lavender and the first pass felt like my last. Very little drag and very slick. 2nd and 3rd pass weren't quite as slick but still very nice. Bottom line this stuff is good especially if you have a thick beard...which I dont but can imagine how it could help. usually use a pre shave oil with good results. I cant get a picture of the back but the directions say to only use it a couple times a week? And also the US version is white and creamy with no exfollients:sad: But it will probably be my last tube since it really is a novelty thing. I dont really need it but it is kind of cool...well no it is hot!!!
Enjoy, remember, its a RITE AID!!!!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
I have all of the RS gear in my shaving cupboard, the self-heating face mask is deffinatly good and like all of their products, it does smell 'pleasent' - I find their 'Post Shave' Daily Skin soothing balm their greatest product. If you've not tried this it's deffo one to give a go and will compliment the pre-shave product nicely. £4.89'ish at Tesco's / Boots.
I saw this in a local Tesco store, and had to give it a try.

It is a pre-shave product, that is claims to replace the 'hot towel' stage of pre shave prep. I was extremely skeptical, as I have tried many products in the past that claimed to soften the beard before a shave, and none of them came close to the effect of holding a hot hand towel to your face for a few mins (which is probably the only part of my every day shave I don't particularly enjoy). But I am glad to say - this product does the job... and does it very well.

Following the instructions on the back of the tube, I quickly wet my face in warm water (the water I used was barely warm) and massaged a good squirt of the product into my beard. As soon as you start to massage the product, there is a reaction within it that makes it instantly heat up! Don't worry - it doesn't get hot... just pleasantly warm. Now as you can see from the photos, it has dark particulates in it, which act like a mild scrub as far as I can tell. It looks like it is going to smell terrible, but it actually has a fairly pleasant (if mild) scent.

Leave it on your face for a few mins (I took the time to get the rest of my shaving gear ready) and rinse off. Then proceed with your normal shaving routine.

It worked really great, and had done a fantastic job at softening my beard before the shave... i'd say it worked as well as a 'proper' hot towel prep.

It cost just under 5 UK pounds (making it about 9 US dollars) so whilst it is not expensive compared to some other premium shaving products, I feel it is not worth replacing your daily hot towel routine for - but is a fantastic product to use on those days when you just don't want to perch yourself over the sink holding a scorching towel to your face!

View attachment 10289

View attachment 10290

View attachment 10291
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging