What's new

The Kraken Aftershave Milk

Pros: scent, moisturizing
Cons: duration
I like this, I do wish the pleasant, breezy scent would hang around a bit longer. This definitely stops any irritation and leaves the skin feeling smooth and toned. I couldn't feel any burn going on (which is too bad because I like the invigorating feel of the alcohol burn). Some dripped near my eyes without any ill effects (that can burn even without alcohol). I've got a soap sample to try of theirs soon.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Clean Scent -- Hydrating Feel -- Small Amount Goes A Long Way
Cons: Not Available, In AS Milk, On The Maker's Website -- Cap Often Becomes Loose Or Falls Off
Background: I occasionally get razor burn, even when cautious to prevent it. "Standard" AS can give the burning sensation my skin at times. I prefer AS balms for the lack of a burn and for the hydrating feeling they provide. I have only used MWF soap with this product.

Review:

This is not an AS balm. This has the consistency of a slightly thicker AS splash. I did not encounter a harsh burning sensation but there was a mild tingling feeling that occurred one time.

After using this AS milk, my skin felt well hydrated and smooth after 8 hours.

This product was what I was looking for; A moisturizing AS that does not burn, leaves my skin feeling great, and smells nice.

To me, the scent is that of lotion with a touch of ocean/sea spray. It is a very clean, fresh scent.

There is no cooling sensation from this product.

I tried this AS, for the first time, after a week and a half of "clean shaven" days. I had a substantial amount of irritation. After a few more days, my irritation was reduced. It has not been concluded that this was a direct result of this product. It is important to note the irritation did not worsen.

The quality of this AS milk is impressive. The ingredient list is posted for those curious. The labeling/marketing is remarkable for an artisan company (owned and operated by an active duty US Sailor and his wife). The bottle is sturdy glass. The cap is the only downfall.

The price is 8 USD, as stated above. A little bit of this goes a long way. Well worth the price for the 4 oz of this amazing product.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)