What's new

The Grooming Lounge Beard Master Shave Oil

I was in DC for a friends wedding, and decided to stop by their shop for a Signature Shave. Very enjoyable shave and surroundings fit for a 21st century man. After the shave, they offered me their Greatest Shave package, which includes Pre-Shave, Shaving Cream, After Shave and Face Wash, all for $60, which saves you @ $18. All of there products are great, but since we're focusing on the Pre-Shave I will just comment on that. I find it to be nice and light and not nearly as thick as AOS or Anthony. After letting it sit on your face for about 15-20 seconds, you get a nice tingle effect. Comes out nice and easy with their dasher style top, just a few dashes will do. Goes great with any shave cream, especialy GL's. Overall a great produt. Buy the kit and see for yourself.:thumbup:
My favorite local shop has their own line of shaving products. They focus on latherless products, but their shave oil is an amazing compliment to any shaving regimen.

Price At $21, BM fits right in the middle with any luxury brand shaving oils.

Quality The shopkeepers state that they use a very high amount of essential oils to put this together, which is obvious from the first application. The product sinks in quickly, while moisturizing effectively. There's no mineral oil in it, so all you need is just a few drops.

LatherabilityOils usually get in the way of your lather, but when I use BM, I see no ill effects. Your lather, IMO, actually sticks a little to your skin. Your cream does not need much water to feel comfortable.

Moisturizing I think I covered this already, but yeah, the moisture that comes from just a few drops is amazing. Three or four drops are easily more than you need.

Scent The clove oil is most dominant in the fragrance. It also has a cooling aftertaste, probably from the menthol. Very yummy in the morning.

Efficacy If you have a tough, coarse beard, and enjoy using an oil, you won't go wrong using BM. My first pass used to be pretty tough going WTG, but when I use this, shaving is so, so easy.

Packaging For not being in a pump, the control on this oil is great. You can get a drop at a time, so it's easy to get the right amount you need.

My first review. I hope this helps
Top Bottom