What's new

The Godfather

Pros: Looked good while it lasted
Cons: Cheap materials make the razor to fragile to last.
when I first got it I was told it was made under the watch of Australian Craftsman. I was told it was made with the best of materials from Swedish steel to Chrome.

Baloney this is a cheaply made Bali razor with a name change and a little P.R. I can't believe I fell for it. Poorly made, Cheap metal will break if you look at it cross eyed.
Grip
3.00 star(s)
Price
1.00 star(s)
Balance
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
2.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
3.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Tech Head! - Typical Tech Shave, slight more efficient than a 1950s Ball-End Gillette, holds the blade well with little/no movement, and has a nice chrome finish.
Cons: Price, you can buy the Bali, which is essentially the same exact razor without the racing strips for 1/4 the cost. How slippery the handle is.
I was given one of these razors for Valentine's day by my wife, along with a tub of their Sandlewood-Cedar soap. (We'll stick to the razor at this point). The razor looks awesome, very nicely chromed, and it's Tech Design, which I love, especially those that securely position the blade. It was a thrill for my loving wife to find something shave related to surprise me for Valentine's day. - Unfortunately, that's where the good experience ends.

I followed my usual prep, hot shower, Dove Pre-Shave Oil (I bought a case when they discontinued the stuff), and lathered up with Stirling Spice using my 26mm RR Synthetic. Picked up the razor (new Feather Blade) for the first pass, the angle is a bit wider or forgiving than my Ball-End Tech, not bad on the first swipe, removes the whiskers well. Damn, the razor starts sliding out of my hand as I make the passes. Stop, rinse and re-dry my hand, wipe off the razor handle, a couple of passes later, the same thing. While the razor is a looker, those looks make for one slippery handle. Now I have a death grip on the thing, trying to shave, and my hand is cramping up trying to not let the stinker slide again. I finally gave up, and screwed an Ikon handle onto the head and finished the shave. Shave was decent, not Rockwell efficient or comfortable, but neither is my Gillette Tech, which has a somewhat narrow sweet spot on the angle. All in all, a decent shaver, but not worth the $30+ asking price quite frankly. There are other razors that shave as good for less money, including the Bali that is identical sans the stripes on the handle can be had for around $7-$8, and you can buy a Gillette Tech for around $10 on the auction site, which is how I have my near mint ball-end model. Bali actually sells the same head on a MUCH grippier handle, which is my biggest grip with the razor. Thankfully, my wife was able to return the razor, after explaining the issue to the vendor with the big smile logo (not sure if I can post the name), who immediately agreed to issue a RMA for full price including shipping.
Grip
1.00 star(s)
Price
2.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
1.00 star(s)