What's new

The Glenlivet 12

It's a good 12 for the money but the 15 and 18 are definitely better. its a good daily scotch
Aroma
3.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Value
3.00 star(s)
Flavor
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
I just bought a bottle the other day, it was my first single malt and I really enjoyed it. While I probably don't have a very sophisticated palet, I did notice the hint of vanila that Tim mentioned.
Aroma
0.00 star(s)
Price
0.00 star(s)
Value
0.00 star(s)
Flavor
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
displayimage.php
Even as a novice I have progressed far beyond this whisky, but I still drink it on occasion. Most bars, even the ones with dismal single malt selections, will have either this or Glenfiddich. While it's not my favorite by any means, it's a damn fine whisky that's inexpensive, accessible, and a great way to get into single malts.
Aroma
3.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Value
5.00 star(s)
Flavor
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Glenlivet 12 year old is just so consistent and such great value.... you'd think it was would be easy to forget but of my 4-5 bottles of single malt it's the one I reach for the most.
Aroma
4.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Value
4.00 star(s)
Flavor
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
A trusted standby. Nothing special, but special for being so darn good.

If you are starting into single malts (or scotch at all and want to try it neat rather than mixed) this should be your first choice. This is the one to serve to your guests (when you have good friends over, and can reach for the 'good stuff'.)

When I first explored single malts, I reached for this bottle first, and then Glenfiddich (the Pepsi to Glenlivet's Coke in the world of ubiquitous single malts.) This one is miles ahead ... I doubt that I will ever buy Glenfiddich again, but this one for sure.
Aroma
4.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Value
5.00 star(s)
Flavor
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
I'm not a big Scotch drinker anymore but when I do, this is the go to. Tim is right about the consistency, whether you're pouring from a 750ml or a little airline bottle. If someone is being introduced to Scotch for the first time, this is the one to give them. It has all of the things that a Scotch should have, but not too much of any one thing to put someone off.
Aroma
4.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Value
4.00 star(s)
Flavor
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
It was the first single malt I ever tried, also. It's still a favorite.
It was the first single malt I ever had. All I can say is MMmmmmmmm!!!
Spot on review,TB. This scotch never fails to deliver the goods. There is always a bottle on the shelf.
If you want to get into Single Malts, this is where to begin.

Glenlivet 12 is quite possibly the best value in Single Malts. It's available everywhere from drug stores to Sam's Club to the finest liquor stores. It runs between $25 and $35 depending on your region. It mixes well, goes great on the rocks and is always enjoyable neat, my favorite way.
The quality is definately high, while not the highest, it is very good and from bottling to bottling they have put out a consistently good product.

The flavor is very good and an excellent Scotch in warm or cold weather. It's flavor is very light and clear and surprisingly soft and works quite well as an aperatif. It's also a lighter bodied Scotch. Peach is a prominent flavor component followed up by spring floral notes and vanilla. The finish is light, but will last and will slowly warm you up. The aroma is very similar but with keener malt notes.

This Scotch is not the finest on the market, and it makes no bones about it. It is a good product, has always been one and probably will always be one. I always keep a bottle on hand and I know I always will. Glenlivet 12 is a good friend who'll never hurt you and you'll always be able to count on.

Here's a link to a discussion thread
Aroma
4.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Value
5.00 star(s)
Flavor
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging