What's new

The Gents Quarter Leatherneck

Okay, I've now tried several of Sue's soaps and IMHO they are simply the best...better than all of the tallow based soaps I have tried including AOS, DR Harris, and the hallowed MWF. I knocked scent off a point because straight out of the package it was a little weak when compared to the others I have tried so far (Bay Rum with Orange, Cavendish Black, and my fave Oak and Moss) but once lathered it really comes alive!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Price: Excellent price on an excellent product. Shipping costs are never any fun but even when adding them in it is still a deal.

Quality: Excellent. I love these soaps for sure. It also seems to be the hardest glycerine soap I have used to date.

Lather: I don't know if it is the mix of the clay but this stuff makes beautiful lather as long as you get the water right. Hot water and once you get what you think it good put a few drops more water in. I find mine to have soft peaks like well stirred cool whip and a slight sheen almost like oil on water. Too little or too much water and the product performs at an average level but get it right and we are talking Tabac good here.

Efficacy: Soap really has no ability to to provide a beneficial change. It does rinse clean and doesn't clog pores but to me that is nothing special. It is not medicated in any way.

Moisturizing: Pretty good. I have been in the habit to lather one last time after I am all done shaving and then rinsing it all off and find these soaps to provide decent moisturizing when used like this.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
LOVE THIS SOAP!

Possibly the manliest scented soap smell I've tried yet. Colleen's description on her website fits the soap's description perfectly.

My routine soap prep (warm water on soap for 3-5 mins) did the trick and the soap lathered in no time. Brush stayed thick with gobs of great scented lather throughout a 4 pass shave with only minor tweaking between passes! I personally got a slightly better lather out of her Desert Ironwood, but I'm attributing that to user error vs. an issue with the soap itself.

For their quality, Colleen's soaps are a steal at their price (I got the smaller puck at like $3 bucks). Supposed to last about a month which is great for a slightly larger than trial size soap. Her smaller soap sizes are perfect for you to try them out. If its an "eh" soap, you can sell it on B/S/T. If you like it, its not so large as to be around for 2 years tugging on your conscience to "not buy more soap til I get through this."

Its all around a FANTASTIC soap and in the top 3 in my collection!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I know tallow is my preference but I'm willing to try glycerin soaps and this one fill the bill.
Price: It is reasonable compare to the premium brands and quality wise worth it
Quality: Good quality=Good shave. This soap is quality all around. it comes nicely wrapped, it is not pretty and it is named Leatherneck...what the heck is a quality men's product
Scent: Masculine, very strong when under wraps, but it soften as one builds lather and shaves. It will grow on me
Efficacy:Not a nick, not a weeper, it defines suavidad
Lather: It mixes a nice wet, creamy lather...CREAMY, did I hear myself say it? As the lather builds it gets creamier and the whiskers get trapped in the razors head without pain.
Moisturizing: That is for After shave.
Collen included a sample of an Aftershave milk, it did not have a name, and in honor of Clint Eastwood I'll call it jt the AS with no name. If is peppermint based and it produces the longer lasting coolest sensation in your face. Coool, another resemblance to Eastwood

After writing this review, Ms Confilo came by,got near my face and went MMMMM...accompanied by...:cool:
After Ms. Confilo's reaction the scent has grown on me, I'll give it a 10
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing