What's new

The Gentlemen's Quarter Orange Patchouli Shaving Soap

I've tried all of Colleen's scents now in sample form and I can say that Orange/Patchouli is my second favorite scent after Desert Ironwood. The fantastic scent really fills the bathroom. I would recommend everyone try her samples and find out what scents are best for you because scent preference is such a big YMMV thing. I just want to stress how great Colleen's soaps are and that anyone interested should try them!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Price: good product priced very well.

Quality: First rate all the way. The orange patchouli is my favorite of the ones I have tried so far.

Scent: Amazing pretty much sums it up. Patchouli is a scent that is not for everyone... We all know people that thinks it smells like dirty gym socks or hippies but the fact of the matter is that many of the highest end scents for men contain patchouli. Patchouli is a known aphrodesiac as well. I have friends that claim to hate the scent but when I ask what their favorite colognes that their husbands have are they all contain patchouli. The orange in this product dissipates shortly after the final rinse but the patchouli will linger. I will be at my desk later in the afternoon and suddenly get a wiff of it still hanging around. love it love it love it.

Lather: When you get the water ration right it is beyond compare. I am not sure if it is the EO used in this particular soap or what but it has the best lather of any of TGQ soaps I have tried. I put this one slightly ahead of tabac in my rotation for lather quality and light years ahead for scent.

Eddicacy: not really applicable in a glycerine soap but the orange oil is definitely good for oily skin. The contents of this scent of soap seem to be at an almost therapeutic level.

Moisturizing: I lather after I am all done shaving and then rinse it all off. This scent of TGQ soap has been the most moisturizing for sure.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Colleen has done a wonderful job of coming up with unique and "manly" scents for her soaps. Yes, I love my Lavender, my Rose and Lilac...but sometimes you don't want to smell like the garden. Not much I can add to what has already been said. The price increase isn't really a factor to me. Colleen's soaps seem to last longer than other soaps of the same weight. If you haven't tried any of The Gentlemens Quarter products, you are behind the times.

Randy
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Price: Colleen's prices have risen this year, but still a great value.

Quality: Top notch. TGQ and SCS are the best at presentation. From the gold embossed sticker to the wax paper wrapping. Attention to detail is not lost on TGQ.

Scent: O. M. G. I thought when I ordered this soap, that the combination of orange and patchouli would be right up my alley. I couldn't have been more right. This is one of the best smelling soaps I've ever smelled.

Lather: Easily the most lather I've ever generated with a soap.

Efficacy: Slick, hydrated, immense gobs of lather. Just what you're looking for in a shave. Allowed me to do some T&C with a Fatboy set at 7 and not a bit of irritation.

Moisturizing: You know how, when you make a great lather that day, as you're rinsing between passes, and during the last warm water rinse, your face is still slick and soft, even after the lather is gone? Yeah. This soap is all that.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I love this stuff. The only reason I´ve not bought more of it (I was one of the original testers) is a shortage of funds.

It's wonderfull stuff that smells even better.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Price: It's pretty hard to beat $6 for a 3oz. cake.

Quality: Tastefullyl wrapped soap rounds with a classy embossed gold sticker to hold it all together. Obviously homemade, but very much upscale, Colleen's obviously put a lot of thought into this product. In fact, there's a massive thread over at SRP where she's been painstakingly welcoming and even soliciting very public criticism in order to perfect her products to this point. Absolutely top-notch.

Scent: Incredible. I don't claim to know anything about patchouli at all. In fact, that's exactly why I wanted to try this soap. I refuse to put it away, since simply leaving it on an extra soap dish gives me a beautiful whiff of fragrance every time I wash my hands. This soap's fragrance is extraordinary and the scent is a powerful one (without any irritation to my normally sensitive skin), and the scent carries over into the lather extremely well.

Lather: Somewhat difficult, but when you get it right the lather is incredibly rich and loves water. It is, however, quite possible to get a horrid lather if you're not paying attention.

Efficacy: Excellent. Not quite as slick as QED, but it's an extremely rich, protective soap lather.

Moisturizing: Solid, although not stunning. You'll need an a/s, but nothing heavy.

Please discuss this review here.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing