What's new

The Different Company Sel de Vetiver

Top notes: Grapefruit and cardamom;
middle notes: Tahitian vetiver, bourbon geranium and ylang-ylang;
base notes: Iris, patchouli and bourbon vetiver.

On the top the noticeable grapefruit appears and patchouli (anyone with Terre D'Hermes will understand) but a high quality vetiver accompanies it and together it's like a gourmand vetiver. With the floral cardamom it keeps it outdoorsy. It's evocative like outdoors near an ocean but it's a mile away. For an aquatic this is very different than the typical kind and I don't get any obvious salt smells other than the floral seeming like salt on skin. For the price I would put this under Guerlain Vetiver but it's a little higher quality than GV and more beautiful in that the floral makes the vetiver and grapefruit more interesting. It seems simple at first but in the end is very complex and well mixed. The vetiver even goes towards a L'Occitane Vetiver territory on the drydown. :lol: This is more for good weather but really it can be worn anytime of the year. Both men and women can wear it. The staying power on me is close to Terre D'Hermes and I think I like it a little better. Those who like Nicolai New York should also try this one. I would put the florals here as much better than Beyond Paradise by Estee Lauder which goes more towards BO flowers. To think I was done with vetiver. :laugh: If you like vetiver you could easily blindbuy this one :thumbup:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)