What's new

The Bomb Shaving Cream

I found the cream to be good. Yah, i said "good" not "great". It's not a bad cream but i also didn't think it's outstanding. It creates a boatload of lather with very little product, so the jar goes a long way with a very good, cushioning lather, however, i found efficacy not to be as perfect as described in other reviews, the gliding effect was somewhat missing, nor did i think the cream was particularly moisturizing.

The scent was a little too harsh for me (even though diluted when whipping up the lather somewhat) but that obviously is a personal and subjective opinion only. I should probably have chosen a different scent than "Palermo", which smells VERY strongly like pine trees.

Overall a good cream, one that i might try again in a different scent. Not the superduper best cream i have ever used though either so far.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
D
Even though I did not give it a perfect score, I find the cream probably the best I have tried and I have tried ALOT! I find it very similiar in texture/consistency and latherability as Cella, P160, etc. I did lather up a small snurdle in a bowl and did get good success. I find lathering right off the soap proves to provide the best results though. I lathered in 10 times now with muliple brushes and all have been perfect. The small VDH brush was a tad difficult but it still worked fine. Best brush was a Simpson Colonel X2L.

I got 2 scents, Bodega and Calypso. The Calypso is the best bay rum cream/soap out there. It doesnt burn either:thumbup1: QED's burned my face up. There are other options but this is by far you best option for BR. The Bodega to me smelled like marzipan/cherry/slightly green? Bad at describing scents but I didnt pick up on cedar at all. Still a light and very pleasant scent though.

The pros include over all quality. Al sunk a great deal of time, money, sweat, etc on this product and you can tell. I dont know Al personally but I would be willing to bet he is the ultimate perfectionist. This is stuff hits all the high notes with its shaving characteristics. Cushion, moisturizing, slickness, ease of use, etc is perfect. Yes.....it cant get any better than that;) Like I said...I will be lather right off the cream/soap from here on out.

The cons......which really arent cons but.......price. $15 seems high especially when you see the container but when you compare it to others it is quite a deal and it will last MUCH longer than your typical creams(TOBS, Trumpers, etc). The container is a bit too small which is the same problem I have with Cella but for shipping reasons, he is able to use flat rate shipping which is a plus for all:thumbup1: I slightly dinged the latherability because some might find it difficult to bowl lather at first without first softening the cream but thats it. Once you get this lather going you better watch out!

Overall, this stuff is truly amazing. I am a very critical person when it comes to products and have definetely had some semi harsh constructive criticism towards some artisan soap/cream makers. This has bumped quite a few big dogs off the mountain and that says alot. I will definetely be back for more. Thanks Al!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I shaved with it today, and used the ASB sample provided as well, it was a great scent, I really enjoyed the shave, and recommend this cream to others as well. :001_smile
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Ive tried this bomb cream as well and I agree. Its the best new cream out there. I find it better than forbes, this lather just explodes. Its rich, dense, slick, moisturizing, and all EOs :thumbup1: I stocked up on the Calypso "bay rum" The best bay rum ive tried. Ive also used the lavender and lemon. The scents are spot on. Im picky when it comes to my lavender. This one is deep sweet and subtle with just a hair of herbal.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
The Bomb cream is one of the best creams I have tried. I currently own 3 different Bombs and plan to add a few more to my rotation. I have tried Trumpers, Tobs, Truefit, Forbes, etc... This cream is a freaking lather monster, or better yet, a lather Bomb. To me it performed superior to the 3 T's, and just a bit better for me than my Castle Forbes.

The Bomb to me is well priced, 15$ for a nice sized 4oz tub. And you seriously only need a smaller than a pinky nail sized dab to get about a 4 pass lather from it. So it is for sure worth the money.

Quality Is very good, they are made with pure essential oils. The consistency of the cream is great, and a little goes a very long way.

The scents are awesome. The palermo is a very earthy scent. It smells very natural. Infact all of the Bomb scents smell grwat and are very accurate to their descriptions.

The latherability of these creams is AMAZING, thats is where it got its name from, its like a BOMB of lather whent off and totally exploded all over your brush and bowl. This lather is mazing and should be experienced by all.

The cream has honestly given me one the most moisturizing shaves ever. The bombs have become my go to creams, for thier ease of lathering abilitys and for the nice smooth moisturizing shaves.

The packaging to me is perfect, its very simple in a nice amber tub, black lid and the nice and clean simple label. To me simplicity says more.

One more thing, To even further enhance your Bomb Experience, make sure to check out The Bomb aftershave balms. they are top notch as well!!

Please use this thread for discussion. thank you Gents :thumbup1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability