What's new

The Body Shop - Maca Root Wash Off Shave Oil

$10 USD for .5 oz as of 8/09

Tried this oil as I got a free bottle with a purchase. Guess they were trying to give it away. This stuff seamed way to thin and just dripped down my neck without really staying on. Didn't really do anything for me or increase the performance of the shave. For this price, I'll pass. Even if it's free I wouldn't use it. If it's "easy rinse" as they advertise, I don't think it would stand up well with a shaving cream as it would just wash off way to easy.

Don't waste your money.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Durability
0.00 star(s)
Usefulness
0.00 star(s)
Performance
0.00 star(s)
First off i looked for a review on this product but found nothing, I pray this isn't a repost.

So I was strolling with the gf around bay & bloor (major shopping district in Toronto) and wandered into the body shop to see what they had for shaving products. I saw this bottle of pre-shave oil and though "hey for $8 dollars (9 points) how can i go wrong?" Considering the price of my AOS pre-shave oil, this seemed like a bargain!

So i returned home content with my purchase and after a days growth i showered and squeezed out 4 pumps of this oil onto my hands. I applied it to my face and as i was going to rinse off my hands, i noticed that they had completely absorbed this so called oil. I checked my face and had the exact same result. Instead of doing the correct thing by getting my proper oil, I decided to just add more and shave away. Ooops, even with careful strokes i did not get the smooth glide i receive when i use AOS oil. This resulted in some irritation and aggravation, though mainly at myself for not thinking to stop using an obviously poor product.

All in all it did not impress and i am warning fellow B&B'rs to avoid this product. The only positive aspect of this purchase is that i managed to remove the top and use it as an AOS pre shave oil pump, the pump is actually quite good.

Happy Shaving
~JW
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Durability
1.00 star(s)
Usefulness
0.00 star(s)