What's new

The Bluebeards Revenge Wool Fat Shaving Soap Refill

Pros: inexpensive, easy to lather, thick lather, easy to lather, great scent, moisturizing
Cons: comes as refill puck
This is a terrific soap at an awesome price. It is sold as a refill puck, so it comes loose without so much as a plastic tub, so bear that in mind should you decide to purchase it. I had a small tin with a screw-on lid available, so I just opened up the wax paper puck and into the tub it went. This is not reflected in my review since it did not effect my shave or lather.
It has a very light, very pleasant scent that I wish was slightly stronger. It doesn't last nearly long enough for my taste. If I had to describe it, which would be very difficult to do since it didn't really smell like anything I could identify, I would describe it as a natural, light fragrance, faintly but very pleasantly animal.
As long as you bear in mind that lathering a lanolin-tallow shave soap will be slightly different than lathering a straight tallow, glycerin, or triple-milled soap then building lather from this soap will be pain- and aggravation-free. If care is taken, then it will lather very easily and almost explode in the shave brush. Mantic has a great video on lathering MWF, and in every way but name, this soap is Mitchell's Wool Fat. This soap has a very light, pleasant, and natural scent. It is very moisturizing, and will leave a face feeling smooth and healthy all day without leaving a greasy or oily feeling.
This soap does contain lanolin, which some people have a sensitivity to. Please tread carefully if you do, as it would be a waste of (some) money and a huge discomfort, trauma, or allergic reaction to you.
~Matt
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing