What's new

The Art of Shaving unscented

The price is high for a soap. Any soap. I dont care. However, the do NOT make soaps like this anymore. They again do NOT make soaps like this anymore.

I have vintage Yardley, this AOS Soap and T&H Milled soap. The Yardley and AOS are Tallow Based and the T&H is veggie based. The Tallow makes a lather far different from anything else. The fat makes the lather so much thicker and creamier. But if you look around you will find it hard to find many milled Tallow based soaps.

Tabac
AOS
Speik
M. Woolfat

Therefore, its pricey but you get a product that is quite rare. It is even more rare considering how easy it is to find this soap. The bowl sucks. However, the sandalwood is overall the best soap I own!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Amazon was selling it for $13. last week. At that price it was a steal, so much so that hordes of forumites fell upon them and took them out of stock.
I puck of this soap was given to me as a PIF from a kind member here and has been my daily shaving soap since.

My impressions are:

Price
Ridiculously expensive! No matter how good a soap is $ 26 for a refill is way too much. If I hadn't recieved this soap as a PIF I probably never would have tried it

Quality
Top-drawer

Lather
This soap is rumored to be teal-based, though it doesn't say anywhere. It lathers like a teal based soap anyway; thick, slick, foamy, lasting lather. The only better lathering soap I have tried is the Mitchell's Wool Fat - and from reviews I gather that the AOS soap is less vulnerable to hard water than the MWF

Efficacy
The puck seems to last forever. And as stated above; the lather is excellent

Moisturizing
Excellent, though not quite as good as MWF (I would have given the AOS 9.5 in this category if given the possability)

If you do not like scented soaps or are allergic to perfume (or, like me, has a partner that is), then the AOS unscented is a top-choice - if you don't mind the ridiculous price. The price is the only reason that I, most likely, never will buy this soap again. A shame though, because it truly is really good.

Regards.

Jakob
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)