What's new

The Art Of Shaving Lemon...

Pros: scent, lather
Cons: price
Other than price, this is a remarkable cream. It lathers well, provides a great, slick shaving surface and has a refreshing citrus scent. For $25 I think I'd only buy it for special occasions like Christmas, but it works so well it's hard to stay away from it.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Smells great, lathers beautifully and very slick
This stuff smells so good I want to eat it! It blows TOBS Avocado away in every category. AoS Lemon is an absolute favourite of mine and will be in my rotation regularly. Looking forward to trying the other scents. Highly recommended!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
For me, the scent is amazing. Lather is great. At first, I didn't feel it was as slick or protective as other stuff I've been using. Lately, I've been more into face lathering and feel it offers much better protection with this method-
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I have a tub on its way. There's still 20 minutes left in the 20% sale on theartofshaving.com !!!!!
lemon is not my thing
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Wow! Perhaps the easiest cream to generate huge amounts of lather. Great citrus smell and protects your face like a dream. Highly recommended.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is one of my favorite shaving creams and the lemon scent is just right. I love the tub it comes in and it has the best lather in my opinion
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is another excellent cream. The lemon scent is there but not overpowering or to fruity. :wink:

The ease of building a lather with this product makes this the cream for those who just cannot build a lather no matter what they do. if you cannot build a lather with this cream, watch Mantic's videos 1000 times and call me in the morning!

AOS does a tremendous job of packaging- what you see on the box is what you get inside. The tub is plastic, but a nice solid plastic. Yes, it does cost $22( for which you can buy 2 of the SCS creams :biggrin: ), but cost is not the issue here. When you factor in ease of use, scent,latherability, 5.3 oz of cream, and the way your face feels after,its not an indulgence.

Run, not walk to your nearest Nordstrom's- this cream is worth it!

Marty
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Very nice shave cream but I was not partial to the scent.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This cream can make anyone look like a lathering genius. If you can't muster up a swimming pool of lather from a dollop of this, you're beyond help

The aroma is fresh and invigorating, and the cream doesn't dry out on my face (read:Trumper's). I can't imagine anyone not enjoying this stuff.

As far as price is concerned, why is AOS a ripoff at $22, while Trumper's is fair at $25? This tub should last an eternity.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
P1010075.JPG

Gents,
This is the first tube of AOS I have had the pleasure of trying - and I must say, I was quite surprised. The first thing I noticed was the lid/tub. It is the best built tub of any high end shaving cream I have used - as unlike the 3 T's, and others, it has a very positive opening/closing action, and a great feel/look.

P1010076.JPG

When you twist off the lid of the jar, you are immediatly greeted with a "lemon merengue" like scent of delicious lemon. The cream seems to be "airy" similar to salters cream - it certainly is not as dense as Taylor, Trumper, or Truefitt & Hill.

Pics AOS Lemon being lathered with a Shavemac XXL Silvertip...

P1010077.JPG

P1010078.JPG

5 Swirls in the bowl....
P1010079.JPG

15 swirls.....
P1010080.JPG

25 swirls.....
P1010081.JPG

As you can see - this huge brush is LOADED full of lather.

I was quite impressed with this shaving cream, and I felt it was every bit as good as salter, trumpers, and T&H, but felt taylors is a bit more lubricic. I would HIGHLY recommend the lemon scent, especially if you like Salter Citrius, as it is quite similar to salter citrius.

Numbers...
Scent 10
Lubrication 8.5
Packaging 10
Ease of use 9
Shave Quality 9
Comfort 9

Overall an impressive 9.25 - MIGHTY impressive stuff.
Top Bottom