What's new

The Art of Shaving Cream Rose Absolute

Price: It's AoS...not really bang for your buck, but you get plenty of bang for plenty of buck. However, it's unusual in that it's scented with Rose EO...considering how expensive EO-scented rose soaps usually are, $26 for a 150ml tub of cream is a pretty good deal.

Quality: Can't complain here...it's a great cream.

Scent: This is the real highlight, and has pretty much shelved my previous favorite floral, ToBS Rose. The scent's not especially strong (probably tying into the "for women" thing, since women genetically tend to have stronger senses of smell), but the rose scent is fantastic. It's shelved my other roses nearly for good...deep, dark, full, not fruity or superficial like most rose scents. It's the rare rose cream scented with EO, which really makes the scent stand out.

Latherability: Whips into a rich, creamy lather. Not as good as a tallow-based soap like QCS, Tabac, Cella, or (ironically) AoS hard soaps, but exceptional for a cream.

Efficacy: Unfortunately, I got this about the time I was starting to experiment with straight shaving, so I found out how, unlike, say, Tabac, Cella, QCS, &c, it'll start to dry out and flake off your face if you take too long to shave. Assuming you don't spend 15min+ per pass, you'll be fine, but it's not getting exceptional marks in this regard.

Moisturizing: I don't really notice this in most soaps...I've got pretty moist skin, and it's rare for any soap to dry it out. Even when it dries out and starts a little snowstorm flaking off in my sink.

Packaging: AoS, AoS, when're you going to learn? Rose isn't just a women's scent. Now, I appreciate you being equal-opportunity and all that, but couldn't you make some male-marketed rose products? The pink-and-white-striped packaging is just a little emasculating.

Comments: I really, really wish they'd make one of their tallow-based soaps in rose...that'd basically be my ideal soap.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
1.00 star(s)
I like all AOS products, I got this real cheap so I thought I would give it a try. I like the lather, comfort, nice product. But it has no odor, I test relatives by having them smell it with their eyes closed, no one has come up with anything floral. Most say nothing, vanilla, etc.

So if you want a high quality cream with little smell, go for it.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I bought this from a YouTube ad I saw for HSN. HSN (www.hsn.com) was having a clearance and basically got an awesome deal. This was originally developed for the womens line but figured if it is good enough for a womans sensitive skin, it should work well for a mans sensitive skin.

This stuff is amazing! Smells wonderful as real rose absolute is used. They say it takes over 1,000 rose pedals to make just one jar of this. The ingredients are top notch. If your looking for a great shave without irritation and your skin feeling like silk, this is it!:thumbup:

The Art of Shaving Shaving Cream softens and lifts the hair for perfectly shaved legs (for a woman!), or bikini line, sleek, close and comfortable great for a man also! Protects delicate skin from irritation, helps prevent nicks, cuts, and ingrown hairs. Formulated with pure Rose Absolute, distilled from the finest, fresh-picked rose petals, naturally therapeutic, to soothe and hydrate. Rich glycerin leaves legs soft and silky while protective coconut oil helps the razor glide easily and freely. Luxurious lather leaves the skin moisturized and scented with the delicate aroma of roses.
Rose Absolute
for sensitive skin
150ml - $26
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging