What's new

Thayer's Lemon Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera

Excellent product and well worth the price. This has become my go-to WH. There is really no downside to this product, IMO. I didn't rate moisturizing because I use other products along with this one and I don't really need a lot of moisture for my oily skin.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Holy cow! $13?! I think this ran me $8 at Whole Foods, of all places.
Wow $13 is alot to pay for this, I picked it up at our health food center for a little over $8 after tax, however I'm glad you like it. I have this and the Rose version in my arsenal, if you can pickup the Rose when you get a chance. One makes a great astrigent and the other a awesome toner.
Personally I think Thayer's Witch Hazel is a great after shave astringent; I have 3 scents: the lemon, lavendar and rose. The scent doesnt last long; its mostly just a nice smell immediately after shaving. I use it pretty liberally; it helps clean off excess soap left from shaving and then also leaves my skin soft. I sometimes add an after shave balm but it isnt necessary. One thing I THINK I have noticed is that Thayers seems to slow the growth of my beard! Its hard to say because there are so many variables involved in getting a close shave to start with - razor, blade, soap/cream, technique. But I seem to notice that a shave lasts a little longer - maybe 2-3 hours longer - after using this stuff. Has anyone else noticed this effect?

Anyway . . . I like this product and recommend it to anyone.
But you have UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE !!! Try getting some simple stitches for less than a grand in the USA .

cityjim
GoldenMonkey;1363756 said:
13 DOLLARS?!? Dude...I hope that's Canadian money you're talking...you can get this at Whole Foods for around $6...

EDIT: LOL...ok, you ARE talking CDN...*whew*

I don't know why us poor Canadians get hosed so badly. I bought a bottle of the Rose Thayers lately and it was a little over 14.00. The Canadian Dollar is worth about .92 cents on the dollar for USD. So, 14.00cdn is about 12.80 US. So, a bottle of Thayers that you get in the US for around 6, we pay DOUBLE for. Suxxxxx. I can see Seattle on a clear night for gawds sake. It can't be the shipping! Government bloody taxes and duties is what it is. *&$#&$#$
13 DOLLARS?!? Dude...I hope that's Canadian money you're talking...you can get this at Whole Foods for around $6...

EDIT: LOL...ok, you ARE talking CDN...*whew*
I purchased this at a Nutrition House out of the city. I was really happy at the way this stuff keeps my face moisturized. It leaves my face feeling really soft and hydrated. It also took down a ridiculous amount of redness & irritation I developed after some shave cream/new blade irritation. Smells like Pledge cleaner out of the bottle but leaves a great zesty scent on the skin. Little pricey at 13 dollars, but I'm a cheapskate. All in all, awesome product.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)