What's new

Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera

Pros: soothes razorburn(and sunburn)
I like to use this as an aftershave. This product and Osage Rub are the two aftershaves I use the most.
It may be more expensive than other witch hazels, but it would be fairer to compare it in price to other aftershaves I think. The lavender scent is pleasant, and if you like to use Tabac shaving soap, you will not mind this lavender at all. This product contains aloe, which most of the other brands of witch hazel don't. I wish I had discovered this product sooner as an aftershave. You can buy this at your local GNC, or whole foods supermarkets. For some extra coolness, you can keep it in the refridgerator:thumbup1:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I began using the unscented toner a year or so ago, and considered it a shaving necessity. Thanks to a post here on the forum I stumbled onto a $1.43/bottle deal. I bought 5 and wish I had picked up ten.

This is thin and watery like the unscented, but when you apply it it is much more substantial. The fragrance is very nice. It may not cool, but it sure calms razor burn or irritation, and it leaves my face moisturized and feeling like I just applied a balm.

I gave two bottles away, but when I run out I will buy more at retail and be happy to do so. If you are concerned about parabens, there are none.

Highly recommended.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I love Thayer's so much after using the lavender witch hazel, I wet out and ordered the sampler pack from them. The lavender is a great addition to your shave routine. I splash mine on after my shave and let it air dry. Then I apply my aftershave balm.
The scent is very nice but its not your typical lavender scent that you might be accustomed to like AOS or Castle Forbes. This scent is almost identical as Trumper's Violet. I would even bet on it being the exact same scent.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Great stuff. I use this in combination with an aftershave balm. Splash with this, and then I use a pea size drop of the Herban Cowboy Carrot & Cucumber. Very nice.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
A mainstay in my shaving cabinet. I currently use Lemon (my favorite), Lavender and Original w/ Aloe Vera and I won't be without them. The Lavender works just as well as the others, the only "downside" being the scent. It's not bad at all, but it's taken a while to grow on me. To me it's slightly old woman-ish, not what you'd expect from a Lavender scented product. Still great stuff.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Works wonders without the burning after effects...I recommend it!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
good stuff
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Fine old time stuff that works very well. Great moisturizer that will soothe and soften your face.
Great stuff!!!! Can't wait to try the rest of them.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
don't see why some complain about the price. I picked up a bottle for $3.49 at the whole foods market.
scent is light and pleasant and fades away quickly so you can remain manly.
just started using it so hopefully it will even out my skin and kill off any pimple or underskin break outs.
no burn is always nice. will definitely continue to use this.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
This stuff absolutely rocks! I couldn't shave without it...well I could but don't want to. I really enjoy the scent and feeling when splashing it on after shaving. I actually use this stuff 2-3 times per day. I use it almost every night as a toner and sometimes I'll splash it on first thing in the morning after washing my face. It is the one item that does not get rotated in my shaving set up.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This stuff does a good job of soothing your skin after a shave. Just a little bit in your palm is enough to massage in all over. I like the scent and the quality ingredients. A little steep in price, but you get a lot and the bottle should last a while. I like to use it as a skin conditioner before applying a balm. I'll probably get a small travel pump spray bottle to make I'd easier to apply without waste.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Goes on very thin but spreads easily. A little goes a long way. Mousturizes and then drys 2 minutes later with no Burn! Skin is soothed, toned, and prepped for aftershave routine / mousturizer. Native American formula and smells a bit that way. Purchased locally for under $10. To many pros to mention. I love it and can't wait to buy the Rose next!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I enjoy using this as an aftershave and sometimes I like to add two or three drops of eucalyptus oil for a cooling effect.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
The scent is not over powering and works great on my neck. I'm very happy using it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Price: Might seem a bit pricey at around $9.00 for 12 oz., but unless you bathe in it, a little will go a long way.

Quality: Excellent quality, which combined with how long it should last, makes it a good value.

Fights Razor Burn: Good for mild razor burn. So-so on moderate to severe razor burn.

Cooling Sensation: Alcohol free. Not for you if you like that cooling kick from an after shave prep.

Scent: Excellent. Not sickeningly sweet; not "barely there".

Efficacy: Good overall.

Moisturizing: Face feels soothed, toned and refreshed without any dryness.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)