What's new

Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner

Item Description

This is a wonderful product. I've only been using it for a week but felt compelled to review it immediately. As an after shave it feels wonderful. I spray it on from a small travel size sprayer purchased from Wallmart. It's cool and refreshing. Since it's a true toner it then provides that nice tightening feeling as your pores close up. Finish with a nice aftershave balm like Nivea Extra Soothing After Shave Balm and you're ready to go!

Price:
At $9.00 for a 12 oz bottle it's a great deal. You only use just a splash each time so it should last quite a while.

Quality:
Here's a list of the fine ingredients:
Rose Petal water and natural rose fragrance blended with Thayers Proprietary Witch Hazel extract, fillet of the Aloe Vera plant, Vitamin E, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Fillet of the Aloe Vera Plant, Propylene Glycol, 3% (food grade, derived from corn), methylparaben (0.10%) and Polysorbate 20

Fights Razor Burn:
Yes, but for serious razor burn you'll still want to supplement with another aftershave balm.

Cooling Sensation:
This is one of my favorite parts. My wife loves Rose Petal water and now I see why. It's very refreshing. I spray it on lightly and allow it to dry. Very cooling. Very refreshing.

Scent:
Some will object to the rose smell (That's why I graded it an 8) - it's strong initially but fades pretty quickly so you needn't be concerned about smelling like a Rose Bowl float all day. Personally, I love it. The scent is a great compliment to Nivea Extra Soothing Balm.

Efficacy: Yep. It's an nice toner. Just like the label claims.

Moisturizing:
It is somewhat moisturizing. Certainly not drying. I suspect in the humid summer months I'll be able to get by using just the Thayers but for the cold dry winter you still will want to supplement with a moisturizer.

No Alcohol Burn:
I give it a 10 for No Alcohol Burn because this one contains no alcohol therefore, no burn. Doesn't dry you out either.

This can be had for around $9.00 from many natural food stores like Whole Foods or ordered direct from Thayers:
http://www.thayers.com

Give it a try. Provided you don't mind a little rose scent with your morning you won't be disappointed.

Latest reviews

Price: About 7 bucks for a huge bottle. Cannot be beat.

Quality and All The Rest: All natural ingredients (I am aware that "natural" can be a misnomer, but seriously, read the label--there is nothing that requires a chemistry degree to pronounce), fights mild razor burn well, has a medium, powdery rose-scent that is pleasant but not cloying or old-ladyish, a nice cooling sensation without the chill of menthol, and no alcohol, so no burn. This splash is moderately moisturizing, but I always follow with a balm or moisturizer anyway, since my skin tends towards the dry side.

I would like to try the Lavender now as well, but it will take me a while to get through this huge bottle...
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This is fantastic stuff. I use it an aftershave splash and also as a toner sometimes on days when I don't shave. Wouldn't be without it. It's also worth noting the ingredients list has changed a bit since the first review was written. It no longer contains parabens.

Here:

Ingredients: Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Certified Organic Filet Of Aloe Vera), Glycerin (Vegetable), Fragrance (Natural Rose) Hamamelis Virginiana (THAYERS® proprietary un-distilled Witch Hazel) Extract, Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Flower Water, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl (Vitamin E) Acetate.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Price: 8 - b/c they upped to $10, but a little does go a long way.
Quality: 10 - there's no better witch hazel on the market
Fights Razor Burn: 7 - b/c it's rose it's meant to tone the skin more
Cooling Sensation: 8 - more of a calming than a cooling
Scent: 9 - rather subdued and pleasant, fades quickly
Efficacy: 10 - does what it's supposed to do and does it well
Moisturizing: 8 - definitely does but not as much as lavender
Overall: 8.5 - a nice addition to shaving/grooming regimen
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
Gafer
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Aftershaves (Reviews)

More from Gafer

• Shavemaster S100
    I've been using the Shavmaster S100 for about two months now. I wanted...
Top Bottom