I put this together with a TGN handle and 22mm finest knot w/extra hair. I had to remove a fair amount of material to set the knot @ 48mm. I used my dremel, it was a bit time-consuming and dusty, next time I will use a forstner bit to remove most of the material. I glued it up with Loctite plastic epoxy, just squirted a bit from both tubes in, and mixed it in the handle. I wasn't expecting such a bulb-shaped knot, but it's growing on me. It does give better control over the lather distribution than a fan. The knot is less dense than my Rooney 3/1, but with similarly soft tips, and a bit more "springy" backbone. It is a bit "scritchy" when dry, but this is not noticeable when wet. It may continue to improve as it breaks in. It did have somewhat of a funky smell, not "animal" in nature, hard to describe. The handle has nice weight to it, and it was finished pretty well, the grooves around the base are not perfectly smooth however, and the overall finish isn't up to the standards of a higher priced brush, but that is reasonable for the cost, and you have to REALLY look close to see any imperfections. The handle design is not my favorite, I end up holding it around the widest part of the handle, and it is a bit bigger than I would like, but it was my choice, I wanted to try this shape. Overall, an outstanding value, for the price, I don't think there is ANY competition. Here it is, pre and post bloom.