What's new

Terre D'Hermes Aftershave Balm

Ok... So this is an after-shave product of a French luxury cologne, so it may be a non-starter for many of you. I've used aftershaves of high-end colognes before with abysmal results, so I understand the apprehension. But don't let those biases turn you away from this great product. I admit that I was more than a little skeptical and felt a little buyer's remorse when I walked out of the store...

After trying it for a week though, I think it's a truly wonderful product. I don't typically have a problem with razor burn. But I do break out if I use something that is too greasy or oily, and of course, my skin dries out if I use anything with alcohol. This falls right in the sweet-spot: just the right amount of lubrication and post-shave relief, but without any residue.

It leaves your face feeling refreshed and clean, but well moisturized. I think the key will be whether you like the citrus/pepper/cedar scent. I suspect you'll either really like it or not. I suppose it might also matter if your mate likes it. Fortunately for me, my fiancee loves it: she says it's seductive and masculine.

It only takes a very small amount, so even though it's expensive, a bottle should last quite a while.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This is a review of Terre D'Hermes aftershave balm. It's packaged in a very elegant frosted glass pump bottle. I picked up one of these courtesy of Burj Al Arab - they provide Hermes products for Hotel guests. But the balm is available at £30 for a 100ml bottle - extremely expensive and thus scores a lowly "5" - but worth it enough for me to purchase another when this runs out.

The fragrance has been described as follows:

"sparkles with orange and grapefruit that blends with flint for a mineral note, and combines with pepper, bay rose, geranium, patchouli, benzoin and vetiver around the central note of Atlas cedar to enhance its Earthly tones"

So to summarise it's a citrus smelling balm which is greatly moisturising and cooling - it's alcohol-free - and fights razor burn extremely well - and one or two pumps is plenty!

This is one of my favourite balms - which I usually use when I don't wear a cologne - only because I love the fragrance of the balm so much I don't want it to be masked!!

Conclusion: wonderful for those looking for an alcohol-free, citrus balm!
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)