What's new

Tend Skin Aftershave

I've use Tend Skin for years. I've spoken to the inventor of the product on many occassions as well.

My first caution: Do NOT buy on the bay!! You will get expired product. Dr Rosen warns against this on the website

Moving forward. It is NOT an aftershave. Is NOT!! This is a medicine, a treatment. While best shaving practices are your best defense, burn and ingrowns DO occur. For such cases, Tend Skin does a great job, probably the best, at taking care of the damage.

This is NOT a splash. Use sparingly. A small squirt on cotton ball or applicator, cotton swab or finger tip is all that is needed. A little goes a long way! With that I gave the price a 10. Yes, if this were an AS splash, the price would be hidious.
I wouldn't call this a miracle product, rather a working one. It works. Pure and simple.

The burn...meh...be a man. I don't care for the burn. I normally don't use alcohol based products due to the drying out. In the way of AS that is. But, if I'm in pain or sick the sting from a shot of demoryl hurts too, but the effects are worth it. Same here. You apply on the affected area. The little bit of sting is worth it.

It also works for athlete's feet, fever blisters and a few other things. Like hot spots on dogs too.

If you're prone to burn, first of all--learn to shave. Maybe a DE isn't right for you, perhaps a straight is. In the meantime; get yourself a bottle you won't regret it.

Oh and for comparison, the first bottle I bought almost 10 years ago lasted me about 3 years. I can't remeber if it expired before I could use it all. Now, I've found other uses for it and while it lasts a long time, I do use it all before it expires.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
My skin dried up overnight after using this stuff and its quite pricey in the uk, better off using crushed asprins on your face, i found no benifits at all in this and dumped not long after i bought it.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
I have just swapped over to DE shaving after repetitive ingrown hairs from cartridge shaving. I found this stuff to be a godsend for ingrown hairs and bad razor bumps. Its not an aftershave, I didn't expect it to moisturise, fight razor burn or smell pleasant. In fact its one of the most unpleasant scents I've ever smelled. It does however stop bumps becoming ingrown hairs and can free up ingrown hairs in a couple of days.

+1 for using a Q Tip to apply it.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
got a couple of samples of this for free with another purchase, first time I went to use it I unscrewed the lid and since the sample size I got had a large opening I poured out way too much on my hand not wanting to spill it I quickly applied it to my face :a47: it's smell was as described close to death and the burn made clubman bay rum seem like nothing in comparison,
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
IMHO a horrible horrible product. I bought some, tried it a few times and wouldn't touch it again. Full of nasty chemicals and had no effect whatsoever. Overpriced, overhyped and consistent with some of the newer so called "miracle" products which don't work. It smells horrible and you couldn't pay me to use it. You would be better off splashing neat alcohol on your skin. Did I mention I didn't like it? :wink:
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
0.00 star(s)
That's what I felt like screaming after applying to my razor burnt skin. I've been using this product for some time to fight in-grown hairs, a feat that it performs admirably, unfortunately it does not do as well a job fighting razor burn. I had scraped up my neck pretty good and quickly applied the Tend Skin to fight the inflammation. Wow! Not only did it feel like my face was melting off, the burning sensation stuck with me the entire day. It felt as if I had a bad sunburn - probably a reaction to the alocohol and other chemicals in the solution.

For me, this product is big no-go.

- Jeff
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
1.00 star(s)
Use TendSkin if you suffer from ingrown hairs.

In fact, if you apply it hourly when you feel ingrown hair bumps starting to appear, TendSkin will shorten the lifespan of the bumps and will oftentimes prevent them from turning into larger bumps or boils.

In short, it burns and it stinks, but it does work.

A better solution, though is to switch to DE shaving and to change your routine from cartridge and aerosol shaving products currently on the shelves. You will find that your face will eventually rarely have any ingrown hairs.

I still keep my bottle of it on hand, but after a month of DE shaving, I rarely ever need to use it.

-joedy
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Tend skin suggests using a cotton ball to apply to the affected areas but I find that it will cover far more territory than is needed and cause unnecessary stinging, redness and irritation.

Instead, I use a Qtip to apply Tend skin to the red spots and bumps so that the medication goes onto the affected areas only.

This stuff really works.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I've used Tendskin for years now to quench razor burn. You feel a SHARP alcohol sting for a couple of minutes as and after you apply it, but the sting fades quickly.

It smells like a mixture of alcohol nail polish remover. Nasty, but this fades quickly too.

It also leaves a slight residue of aspirin on your face, and it dries your face too...

Sounds horrible, doesn't it?

BUT, for those times when you experience razor burn, NOTHING will beat it!

Just moisturize over the top of it after it dries and go on your way. You will not experience any burn at any time until the next shave.

Treat it like burn medicine, which it is.

IT IS NOT AFTERSHAVE.

Thanks for the review, Joel!
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Ok - so here is an interesting product.... basically it uses acid to melt away the skin around your hair to thwart ingrown hairs, while using a MEGA dose of Alcohol and Glycerin to fight razor burn. So... does it work? Well - kinda. It DOES do a wonderful job fighting razor burn, and killing ingrown hairs... however it smells like cancer (if cancer had a smell) and burns like hadies. I mean - this makes any Alchy based aftershave splash look like girlie man stuff... this stuff REALLY burns like hell.

Basically - you take a cotton ball - or as I prefer one of those flat round cotton pads, squirt a little on the pad and proceed to wipe your face (which feels like putting your face up against a belt sander it burns so much.) So it works - but it doesn't leave you skin feeling all that great - is pretty bad for your skin, smells god awful, isn't cheap, requires a cotton ball/pad, and is NOT luxurious. Fighting ingrowns with better shaving habits, and skincare (IE good moisturizers, etc) is a much better, albeit slower solution.

I suppose if you have a terrible ingrown hair problem... this is your ticket - but as far as reducing redness/irritation - any high alchy splash will do just as good. May be a good idea to keep a bottle handy for emergency situations... but over all - I say stay away!

IF YOU HAVE NOT USED THIS PRODUCT AND WISH TO COMMENT WITHOUT HAVING TO REVIEW THIS PRODUCT - PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS REVIEW. PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING DISCUSSION THREAD ON THE FORUM.

Thanks!
Top Bottom